Skip to content
OT: RIP Zig Ziglar
seeit2 posted:
My dad was a salesman. He used to give me cassette tapes of Zig Ziglar to get me motivated. Ziglar taught me how to set goals and reach them. (If you've never heard of him, you are not alone - he was a motivational speaker and corporate rah-rah guy). Anyway, Zig was known for his quotes about life and achievement - here is my favorite:

"Any goal casually set and lightly taken is freely abandoned at the first obstacle."

and one for us parents:

"A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could"
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Awwww....I love Zig too! (Some info on him here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobmcteer/2012/12/02/farewell-zig-ziglar/

My favorite quote is:

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.