Skip to content
Closing credit cards
crunk05177 posted:
I have excellent credit right now. I have debt, but pay everything on time and do not own my own property. We would like to buy something within the next 3-4 years though. I have a bunch of credit cards I opened in the past. I don't use them but I don't like having them around. Is it REALLY REALLY bad to have them cancelled?
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

iocasta responded:
Actually by closing them you will improve your credit score.

miob responded:
Here's an article from a local news station about things to consider when closing a credit card....could be good if done right.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/02/importance-of-having-and-maintaining-a-good-credit-score/

crunk05177 replied to miob's response:
Thank you....I am going to look into it
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.