Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Polar Express Ride (photos)
iocasta posted:
We went down to Chattanooga to ride the Polar Express and meet Santa. This is our fifth year doing this and I think we will get at least another year. The belief is so strong. On the ride you go through a tunnel that is a "portal" to get you to the North Pole quickly. I was wondering how much of it Levi truly believed. The children are told the houses are the elves' houses. There happened to be a couple out waving to the train. Levi goes "look there are humans up here." He was also wondering which house might be Oswald's. He also wished that there could be a ride where you rode with your elf and got to talk with him. The Santa was great. Levi wrote him a beautiful letter and we gave him some homemade peanut brittle. Mrs. Claus was kind enough to secretly hand the letter back to me. Here is everyone with Santa and Mrs. Claus

Levi with Santa

Writing a letter to Santa

baby1at35 responded:
Great pictures! Steph what kind of camera do you have? You always have such clear pictures! I am on the hunt for a new camera
I love that the boys still believe. I hope it lasts for a long time. We had a Santa visit and petted a real live reindeer "Prancer" this weekend. The boys were so excited!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

crunk05177 responded:
We did this too in Saratoga Springs, NY while we visited my brother in law for Thanksgiving. It was amazing to see Michael's face....I will be so sad when these "magical" years are gone.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

iocasta replied to baby1at35's response:
Prancer?!! You got to pet Prancer!! That is so assume. These are by my sister-in-law, who is a semi-pro photographer. I think the camera itself is a Canon EOS 5D Mark II, which is what I have but it is the lenses that she has with it that makes the difference.

iocasta replied to iocasta's response:
Oops, I meant awesome.

seeit2 responded:
You have a beautiful family! Are you growing Levi's hair out again?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

laney0705 responded:
Love it! Looks like a great time.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

iocasta replied to seeit2's response:
No, we aren't growing it long again. He gets his hair cut once every 6 months whether he needs it or not. His semi-annual hair cut is on Saturday.

baby1at35 replied to iocasta's response:
Ahhh that is why the pictures are so clear !
Yes we got to pet Prancer. The boys talked about that all weekend and were excited to go tell their teachers yesterday ! Pretty cool stuff.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
AWESOME!

And that's a pretty good Santa, I must say! The one at the mall here is too skinny

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.