Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Handwriting
    mrswhitecastle posted:
    This is more for my 7 - almost 8 - year old. How good should handwriting be by now? Emily is so messy and sloppy. She doesn't erase well at all.

Am I expecting more than I should at this age, or do we need to work on being neater?
    Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

iocasta responded:
    We are focusing on neatness now and his teacher insists upon it. If Levi doesn't do a good job, he has to erase and start over. I also make sure the erasing job is well done. He is learning that doing his occasional homework or writing letters, isn't a race and that if he doesn't slow down it usually takes longer. My handwriting is horrible so I'm not going to push precise penmanship, right now, but it must be done to the best of his ability. We do sometimes just write out certain letters 10 or so times to improve on the stroke. The other thing that we have done is we got him some technical drawing books to help with his writing skills. He likes doing technical drawing.

earleyml1012 responded:
    Can't help but I have a question for my 4 year old. When should we expect her to be able to write smaller? Her name is Alexandra but we call her Alex so she writes that on her papers at daycare but it takes up the entire top of the page. I bought her a book with the lines on it, is it too early to start practicing smaller handwriting?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently in Rhode Island, DH is active duty military. We've been here a bit over a year, it's our 5th duty station since we were married 11 y...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
    Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 39 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.