Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Poll: Hiding Presents
mrswhitecastle posted:
Where do you hide presents so DC doesn't find them?

I almost forgot about one that I stashed in the top of our closet. Oops!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
Ours are in the garage. Our neighbors joke that you need GPS to navigate through the boxes in there, so it's an easy place to stash things.

I remember when I was in high school my mom gave me a gift in late January - she said she had hidden it for Christmas and forgotten where it was.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

kc_94920 responded:
Most are wrapped and under the tree. Santa's are wrapped and hiding on the top shelf of the guest room closet. Stocking stuffers and small unwrapped things are in DH's sporting goods closet which is a section of the master closet with it's own doors and high shelves.

We've already given them their Hannukah gift, which was the largest thing to hide. We kept it (a gymnastics bar and mat) hidden in the wine cellar for two months. LOL!
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

tlkittycat1968 replied to seeit2's response:
My mom has done that. She guys gifts all year and sometimes forgets where she put them or even that she has them. She'll sometimes give us something in January or February and say it was supposed to be a Christmas gift but she just found it.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Luckily, our kids have short attention spans and forget quick so as a result, we can pretty much hide the gifts in plain sight. For example, two gifts are in a brown plastic bag in our bedroom and the gifts we bought over the weekend are in the bag we brought them home in and are in the back room where the kids watch tv. They were with us when we bought the gifts but by the time we got home, they'd forgotten about them.

iocasta responded:
In our basement, which is unfinished and just used for storage. Levi rarely goes down there. We haven't had to go to great lengths to hide them. It doesn't even cross his mind that there might be presents in the house. I'm sure that will change in a year or two.

earleyml1012 responded:
Last year I bought DD a calendar for Christmas in like June2011 but then I couldn't find where I put it. In June2012 I found it while do a complete house clean, so she got it then!

I actually hide presents under the babies crib and in her closet since neither child really plays in there. The bigger stuff goes in our basement, even though it's finished we don't spend much time down there in the winter...it gets really cold. Don't hate me but we're not huge on Santa and DD knows her presents come from us, so once they are wrapped we don't really have to hide them as much from her.

cinder44 responded:
I put ours in big boxes in our basement. They are stacked on our storage shelves in plain sight. They pay no attention to them.

I would never get away with having them wrapped & under our tree. They would have them open asap or keep bothering us about them.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

baby1at35 replied to cinder44's response:
In the basement amongst other boxes. They do not go down there very much either so it is a nice spot to hide them.
I do have some in my closet but they do not go in my closet either.
I have found the hide in plain site philosophy works best !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

laney0705 responded:
In the garage. I put them in black garbage bags in a corner or in boxes. Speaking of presents, I have to start wrapping tonight!
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

laney0705 responded:
I wish I could put some under the tree but I know it would be a constant temptation for them and constant nagging to me about opening them.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.