Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 year old daughter sudden anger issues
MJECRON posted:
Hi,
I've recently started noticing that my 5 year old daughter is a silent crier. I don't know what's going on with her, but she's making very dark colorings and mean to her little sister (4 years old) all the time. She's started breaking things and doing all the things she knows she's not suppose to do. I'm a firm believer in swats and time outs but nothing's working. She talks back all the time and doesn't do what she's told to do. I don't know where she's learning all of this from. She's not in school yet and she doesn't watch anything violent. She hasn't been to anyone's house to have learned this from somewhere else. This is going to sound crazy but she threatened to shoot me today. (There are guns in the house, but old antiques and kept under lock and key.) I don't know what's going on with her. The fact that I'm even attempting to ask for help is so very imbarrasing to me. So please, if you have any suggestions or questions (to help you better understand what she's doing) please let me know. Thanks

mrswhitecastle responded:
Don't be embarrassed to ask for help. It shows that you want what is best for your daughter.

I would schedule an appointment with her pedi to discuss your concerns.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 responded:
Please don't be embarrased. I've been where you are at. I have 2 boys with mental illness. I would suggest you consulat a child therapist. Your pedi can give you a recommendation if you need one. I don't mean to scare you but I wouldn't wait I would act now.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.