Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Snow Day tommorow
baby1at35 posted:
We have a Blizzard warning and lots of snow coming. Work and School closed tommorow.
I bought stuff for baking so I actually will be able to get baking done!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

iocasta responded:
It is just pouring rain here in Chicago. I'm glad that it is, as my SIL is to fly in from Chattanooga to spend the holiday with us. Once she gets here then it can snow all it wants. I started my holiday break yesterday to finally start some holiday baking. I still have a bit to do today. Levi will do up the cut-out cookies this weekend. Enjoy the snow and baking.

cinder44 responded:
tomorrow we are supposed to get 2-4 inches during the day & 4-6 more overnight. I'm kind of excited for a possible white Christmas. Although I have some holiday get togethers for Friday & Saturday.
Me, DH, DD(5), DS(5)

baby1at35 replied to cinder44's response:
What a storm. We lost power last night and it was cold. I got the gas fireplace on though so brought the boys down and slept in our living room. The power just came on. I was worried as it was to be 4 degrees and it would have been super cold.
My neighbors cleared my driveway for me.
So grateful for power/heat and a clean driveway.
I am thinking we may have school tommorow but not sure.

iocasta replied to baby1at35's response:
It is still pouring in Chicago but suppose to switch over in a couple of hours, which means it will be an icy mess. My SIL plane is finally on its way. It was delayed by nearly two hours. It was dicey as several airlines are planning on shutting down around 5 pm. Levi would have been so sad if she didn't make it tonight. He has been counting down the days for more than a week.

Good that you got power back and what kind neighbors.

baby1at35 replied to iocasta's response:
Hang in there Steph. Looks like the storm is heading your way now.
It was rough. We have had storms but this one was a strong one.

iocasta replied to baby1at35's response:
We just got rain with a tiny bit of snow. There are only tiny patches here and there. I'm not complaining. My SIL got to the house around 5:30, which was surprisingly fast given her plan landed at around 4:15 at O'Hare. People must have decided to stay at home because I-90 is usually a mess at that time without bad weather.

miob responded:
They're saying a couple inches Christmas and a Nor'easter Thursday. After a mild winter last year and no snow so far, I'm ready for a little of the white stuff! A little......

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.