Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Cold or Pink Eye
    earleyml1012 posted:
    My DD who is 14 months started rubbing at her eyes on Sunday and then Monday morning we noticed that there was crusting over her eye and some yellowish discharge. Under her eye is a little red and swollen but the actual white of her eye looks fine. Now this morning both eyes look like this. DH thinks she's just battling a cold...she has a runny nose, sounds congested and is coughing. However, I'm not sure. I put a call into the nurse line but was wondering what you all think.

mrswhitecastle responded:
    I think you are both right. If I remember correctly, a cold can cause pink eye. IMO, she probably has both.
    Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

earleyml1012 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
    After speaking with the nurse, it is pink eye but thankfully she doesn't need to be seen. They called in a prescription for her. DH picked her up from daycare (they didn't think it looked like pink eye so they didn't call us) and she said she looks so sad. Hopefully by Thursday evening she'll be doing better. Thanks for confirming that it probably was...gave me more confidence to call.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
    If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.