Skip to content
Cold or Pink Eye
earleyml1012 posted:
My DD who is 14 months started rubbing at her eyes on Sunday and then Monday morning we noticed that there was crusting over her eye and some yellowish discharge. Under her eye is a little red and swollen but the actual white of her eye looks fine. Now this morning both eyes look like this. DH thinks she's just battling a cold...she has a runny nose, sounds congested and is coughing. However, I'm not sure. I put a call into the nurse line but was wondering what you all think.

mrswhitecastle responded:
I think you are both right. If I remember correctly, a cold can cause pink eye. IMO, she probably has both.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

earleyml1012 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
After speaking with the nurse, it is pink eye but thankfully she doesn't need to be seen. They called in a prescription for her. DH picked her up from daycare (they didn't think it looked like pink eye so they didn't call us) and she said she looks so sad. Hopefully by Thursday evening she'll be doing better. Thanks for confirming that it probably was...gave me more confidence to call.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.