Skip to content
Okay seriously
baby1at35 posted:
Took the boys to Jujitsu tonight.
There was a Dad there who brought his kid to class SICK !
The kid was flushed and didn't want to participate.
The instructor felt his head and said no go.

Why on earth would a parent think that is okay? For his kid or the other kids?

Especially with flu running crazy. My Mom was diagnosed with Influenza B and so was my aunt this week. UGH
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

tlkittycat1968 responded:
My cousin brought her son who had a fever to her mom's house to visit with some out-of-town relatives even after her mom told her my kids were there. He was diagnosed with strep throat Sunday but so far, my kids haven't shown any signs.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

sarah0323 responded:
It drives me crazy. If you or your child are sick stay home. No one wants to share teammates or family. I'm glad the instructor said no go but the parent should have figured that out before bringing him.

tlkitty.....That was just plain wrong. If you know your kid is sick why wouldn't you want to keep them at home? I'm sure the other relatives won't appreciate strep either. I hope no one else gets it.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

mrswhitecastle responded:
It irritates me so much when people send sick kids anywhere.

I keep my kids home a lot due to illness. Emily, for some reason, picks up EVERYTHING. And, she tends to run a fever whenever she picks up anything, even if she is feeling fine. So, she misses a fair amount of school because I follow the rules. My problem, then, is that the school sends me a letter informing me that my child has missed more than 5 days of school, which is too much. So, what does the school want? Me to follow the rules and keep her home, or send her so I don't get a nasty letter???
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
We were at Mcdonald's this afternoon with a friend and the family behind us met up with some friends. The one mom hugged the other's little girl and said "honey do you feel ok you feel hot?" And her mom said "yeah, she has a fever, she didn't go to school today". But apparently well enough to go to McDonald's with every other kid who had a half day of school today - it was packed. We were so mad. We were in the play area later and when that girl came in we bugged out - do not need that right now. Do we really need to wonder why the flu is all over the place right now?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
Geez like McDonalds is that important. And the poor kid needs rest to get better. I really do not understand it.
And do not get me started about the people coming to work sick. UGH. ! Stay home. It has went around our office I don't know how many times. It is crazy.

earleyml1012 replied to baby1at35's response:
Don't hate me but I can completely understand why people come to work sick...heck, I've done it. There have been times when we have deadlines and I can take off or after having a baby I didn't have any vacation/sick time accrued so I had to come to work or risk getting fired. Not many places are flexible to offer time off without pay anymore. Luckily, I now work in a company/department that encourages us to work from home if we are sick so I won't have to be coming in sick as a dog anymore. But I just wanted to throw it out there that sometimes people have no choice to come to work sick.

However, the McDonalds thing is just silly. When my girls are sick, I keep them home until their fevers are gone and they are acting semi-normal again.

baby1at35 replied to earleyml1012's response:
I don't hate you! I do understand. To be honest these people do have a choice. They have sick pay ect. And it isn't our busy time so I was floored they were there. They also have the option of working at home.
I do understand as I am part time with no sick time ect. but these are people who have no reason to be.
Just annoying as it has went through the office over and over now. UGH.
But hopefully we are at the end of the flu cycle!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.