Skip to content
DS & #2
tlkittycat1968 posted:
I got an e-mail from DS' teacher telling me he went #2 in the potty today at school. This is big news as we've been trying to get him to do that for months. He's been potty-trained for pee since late August but keeps going #2 in his pull-ups.

As I was telling a co-worker, only a parent would understand me getting excited over an e-mail that said

"PJ poopooed in the potty!!"
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

seeit2 responded:
Lol that is true - we can all relate! Yay for your DS!

My potty training boot camp over Christmas break was an eye-opener. DS has the whole process down, but for some reason is unwilling to let the pee go when he sits. He does everything else perfectly - except the actual peeing. So there was a lot of anxiety over needing to pee really bad but not actually going - it was hard to watch. So we backed off completely. We are going to try again when it looks like he's feeling better about things.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, although he did go once in the potty, he went two times after than in his pull-up. It's a start.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

sarah0323 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
It is a start. He will get it.

Deb...I was going to start with Emily after the kids went back to school. We made it 2 days. I realized that now is just not the right time. I take care of my Grandma who has Alzheimer's I can't do it right now.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

seeit2 replied to sarah0323's response:
Yep, and there's no shame in that. You really have your hands full I bet. I asked DS why he did not pee in the potty and he said "it's mine!" I guess he does not want to share with the toilet lol.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
"It's mine" -- that is hilarious!
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

earleyml1012 responded:
When we were potty traing DD#1, I got a phone call at work the first time she went pee. I was trying to act excited for her with out saying potty or pee-pee too loudly in the office.

That's awesome and he'll get it soon!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.