Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Pre-K diagnosis?
shealayha posted:
Hello everyone! First, I want to say thank you for just listening to this - I need some major advice (partly to get a grip!). My DS is 4 1/2 and goes to all day Pre-K. His teacher recently sent home a note and packet of info that says that he is having "staring episodes" in the morning and she recommends he be checked out by a pediatrician for petit mal seizures. We (my DH and I) are appalled - this is the first we have heard of any problem at all, we have never witnessed any abnormal "staring" - only regular preschooler-being-tired kinds of issues. When we called the pediatrician, the behavioral specialist said that they wouldn't see him because of his age and the lack of other symptoms - but the preschool is now giving us daily reports of when he is doing it and how and even brought in another teacher just to "observe" the staring!!! Anyone else gone through anything similar? What would you other parents do? Tell the school to stop this bc our peds office doesnt think its an issue? Any thoughts? Thanks!
mrswhitecastle responded:
If your doctor won't see him, I would find another doctor that would. Even if I really didn't think it was anything, I wouldn't be able to rest easy until I had a medical opinion telling me one way or another.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)
seeit2 responded:
I agree. I am a special ed teacher and I have had students with petit mal seizures. They are a hard to call to make because most people don't realize they are seizures - they think the kids are just spacing out. I would at least make an appointment with your actual doctor and bring all of the stuff the school is sending home to you - this is good documentation so you can give your doctor a better idea of what is going on. If your doc still won't pursue it then I would get a second opinion.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya
kc_94920 responded:
I would not tell the school to "stop this" based on a brief phone conversation with the peditrician's office. They are concerned and therefore doing what they feel is in the best interest of your child. Instead of being appalled try supporting their efforts and investigating these issues a bit further. Make an appointment, bring in their reports and move on from there. if your doctor won't even see him then I would find one who would.
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

my son is soon to be 5 and me and my husband thinks he has undecended testicles.
when my son was about 1 our doctor thought my son had undescended testicles and sent us to a specialist. The specialist said he was find ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.