Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Little girl wiping issue
earleyml1012 posted:
Every once and awhile DD is getting really red at her privates and I think it's because she's not wiping properly. In the evenings after bath time when she's red, we put desitin on and by the morning she's no longer red so I know it's nothing serious. Any suggestions on how I can teach her to wipe properly? I have told her to always wipe from behind but I noticed last night when we were "practicing" that her arm is too short so she's not reaching the front (which is where she is sore). So now I've told her when she pees to just wipe the front and don't go to her bottom but when she poops she needs to wipe from the back. She's in daycare where the teachers stand in the hall and just wait for the kids to use the bathroom, so no one is really supervising her. DH talked to them today about the issue so not sure if they will assist more. Any advice from a mom who has been through this would be appreciated!

mrswhitecastle responded:
Practice, practice, practice. Always wipe from front to back.

I think they make some sort of wet wipe that can be flushed. I've never used them, but I've heard from other moms that they can help with wiping problems.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

earleyml1012 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Suggestions about her arm not being long enough to reach all the way to the front?

mrswhitecastle replied to earleyml1012's response:
I have my girls wipe the front from the front.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.