Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
GROSS!
baby1at35 posted:
I kept smelling this awful smell in the kitchen and could not figure it out.
Found it today though. A potatoe fell in the pantry and got rotten. What a horrible , horrible smell. Yuk!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

baby1at35 responded:
  • potato* Yes I do know how to spell
    Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs
  •  
    seeit2 responded:
    LOL Sandra! We have all been there I think, if nothing else that with an errant sippy through the years!
    Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

iocasta replied to baby1at35's response:
    Rotted potato is a horrible smell. Been there, done that.

earleyml1012 responded:
    A few years back we made the mistake of storing a bag of potatos with our bread/bagels and totally forgot they were in there. Then we smelled something too and found that they were rotten and had leaked juices into the rest of the stuff in the drawer. Totally gross but a good way to clean out the cupboard.

Want to hear something else gross? We saw at bat in our basement Wednesday night but when we went to capture him he was gone. I called two Wildlife Control people and they think we might have a colony in our walls. WONDERFUL! Appartently this one came out b/c it had gotten so warm and he was confused and thought it was spring. Then since we couldn't find him again, they said he found a spot back in the walls to hibernate again. We can't do anything about it until spring b/c disturbing them during hibernation would kill them and they don't want that. It just grosses me out that we have living creatures who could have rabies just "hanging" out in our house.

tlkittycat1968 replied to seeit2's response:
    I once found one of my son's bottles at the very back of the fridge. He hadn't been using a bottle for over six months at the time. Talk about gross.
    Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

seeit2 replied to earleyml1012's response:
    Yeah that would gross me out too. But at least they are sleeping and not swooping at your head every night! We lived in house near a farm that was often over-run by mice, they even chewed through the wires of my dishwasher and made that stop working (let me tell you that's when the gloves came off!) and squirrels etc were often in the crawl spaces - it was crazy. When we listed the place it was empty for about three months and the whole time we were praying that nothing died in the walls while we were trying to sell it lol!

How do they get rid of the bats? Do they use sound or sonar devices? I think that's how they got them out of my grandmother's place a couple decades ago...
    Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

earleyml1012 replied to seeit2's response:
    Not sure how they will remove them but come spring they might be so hungry that they find their own way out to eat bugs. I know that they aren't flying around us at night but it has me a little freaked out that they might come out. Also, come spring who is to say they won't fly into our house again?!? UGH!! We did buy a new door for our basement to hopefully keep them down there if they do wake up again. It's just so disguising to me and it sounds like it's going to be expensive to have them removed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm the mom to a wonderful 6 year old boy (PJ) and a beautiful 4 year old girl (Kylee). I'm a step-mom to four kids as we...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
    If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.