Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blizzard????
miob posted:
Ok, they're predicting 3 feet of snow here - and DS has been home for 2 days already with a fever...ideas on how to keep him busy????

earleyml1012 responded:
Does he like to cook or bake? I have my daughter help with those things as well as washing dishes afterwards. Lots of playdough, craft time, games and movies. Maybe if his fever breaks and you feel that he's doing better, bundle up and play in the snow. Also, some pretend play inside.

Good luck! Hopefully you don't get 3 ft of snow...that's a lot! We kind of want some snow. The most we've had is 1-2 inches and normally it melts by the next day. Poor DD wants to go sledding but we haven't had enough to make it worth it.

iocasta responded:
Shoveling snow is a great way to get rid of pent up energy. I was supposed to be in NYC this weekend for a partner's meeting. I'm so glad I had to duck out.

crunk05177 responded:
I second the shoveling! Even though there are plenty of activities I can think up to do inside, everyone, including Momy could ALWAYS use the fresh air!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

miob responded:
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll pick up some baking supplies, movies and shovels on the way home! Wish me luck....

dasmiths93 replied to miob's response:
Good Luck...I will use those ideas as well....

miob responded:
We're about at the 2 foot mark now and it's still coming downl Luckily, we still have power. Snow is light and fluffy, so that's helping us out. Those closer to the ocean aren't quite as lucky. DS and I are planning a Super Mario Kart tournament for later today, since the Governor's ban on driving is still in effect.

mrswhitecastle replied to miob's response:
Thanks for keeping us updated! Hopefully you won't lose power at all.

Have fun with Mario Kart. I'm terrible at it, which, of course, the girls think is just hilarious. I refuse to even do Rainbow Road anymore.....
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
We got about 19 inches here and further east on the island got over 3 feet. For the first time in history, they had to close the Long Island Expressway which is the main highway that runs west to east across the island. It was crazy! I know people who still have not seen plows come in their neighborhoods yet. My area is clear though thankfully and life goes on as normal lol....
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

miob replied to crunk05177's response:
There was a lot of debate about the governor issuing a travel ban here, but I think it was the right decision. We had about 25 inches and with so much falling in such a short period of time, there would have been a lot more issues like the ones in New York without the ban. With people off the roads, it left them free for the plows and first responders. Most of the roads are now at least passable, but a lot that were 2 or 3 lanes are down to 1, so traffic has been a nightmare. At least DS is having fun playing in the stuff! And just happy we didn't lose power again. We had the generator set up just in case..glad it went unused.

baby1at35 replied to miob's response:
Well here we go again . Due for about 10 inches of snow coming on late Wed night /Thursday. The boys have their music program on Friday. Sure hope they have school and can perform! It is getting cold again. We just got teased with some upper 40's and 50's for a bit. Now cold again!
Well the boys will be happy to sled again!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

miob replied to baby1at35's response:
Good luck! I hope you get to keep your plans...it's cold here, too, but so far no big snow in the forecast. I can't wait for spring!

sarah0323 replied to baby1at35's response:
Sandra... I'm at the edge of that storm. We may be looking at up to a half inch of ice before we get the snow (5 to 10 inches) on top of it. I don't mind the snow but I hate the ice.

It's been so nice I actually planted snow peas last week. We had been 50 to 60's. Oh well the kids can't wait to go sledding.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

mrswhitecastle replied to sarah0323's response:
We are expecting ice here, too. So far, the temp is supposed to be right at 32*, so I don't think they are quite sure what all we are going to get. I'm hoping the kids get a snow day. We haven't had one all year, and they didn't get one last year, either.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (6)

earleyml1012 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
It is currently snowing here, the parking lot is covered in snow and it's only been snowing for less than an hour. Later today they said it's suppose to switch to freezing rain...I hope not! I hate driving in ice. I'd love for a good snow so my kids can plan in it too. We didn't really get much this winter.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.