Skip to content
Outgrown the Board!
mrswhitecastle posted:
Well, we have officially outgrown this board! Where have the last few years gone?

I guess with Haylen gone, there are no plans to change the name of the board to include more ages.

I've been around on WebMD for years, even before I started posting. I kind of feel like it's the end of a chapter in my life! There really isn't anywhere to go after this board. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 responded:
Just stay. My DD is 6 too but I have a three year old I have not yet begun to post about so I figure I will loiter for while...hopefully you will too. Although it does seem as they age there is not as much *support* we need as just maybe sharing what is going on, which is still good in my book.

It is kind of weird without the mods though. Maybe we should take turns posting articles about controversial topics just to keep things interesting.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

laney0705 responded:
My DS is 7 and I'm still here. I have a 3 year old as well. I don't the group title matters anymore. We've all been together so long we are just here to support one another.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

crunk05177 responded:
I agree! We are all "friends" no matter how old our kids get. DS is 6 and I have a 3 year old as well. See....all our kids are the same age as each other.

It is weird without the mods, and they boards have been slow but I still look forward to looking to see what people write about every day.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

iocasta responded:
I hear you. I started posting back in 2002 when we started trying. I know some of you from way back when we were pg with our little ones. Its what keeps me tied to the board to see how everyone is fairing. I have several friends that I communicate with outside of the boards. We visit and exchange holiday cards and the likes. I have loved this little community. But as our children get older I have less of a connection to the board itself and the new moms. To be honest the elementary board, and even this board at times, weirds me out with some of the posting. Where do some of these people come from? Sorry for the tangent but it is why I have started to lay low. I wish we could have a brag board as it were, where we just talk about how and what are kids are doing, how and what we are doing. Like I want to know how yellow baby is. Is she still around? How do we set up an Outgrown the Board board?

kc_94920 responded:
I've "outgrown" the board twice already and now my baby will soon be five. I always figured everyone would jump to the empty grade school board just to keep our brag posts and happy updates going so that the moms with new pre schoolers could move here and feel comfortable (as opposed to being frightened away with talks of scary six through ten-year-olds... LOL) but it never happened. I think we, at least I, stayed b/c Hayeln was so good at her job and also had an older kiddo.

In any case, I miss you guys. These boards have been a fun place for me for 10 years now. Does anyone else remember when there was only 1 or 2 parenting boards?
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

crunk05177 replied to kc_94920's response:
I have been here since 2009 I think. None of my close friends have kids so it is so nice to come here and talk to all of you.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

sarah0323 responded:
My DS3 will be 6 in 2 weeks and my baby is only 2. I know I haven't post as long as most of you but I was reading well before then. We have gone through a lot. I don't come to the boards every day right now. I know though that everyone of you ladies will be here to give support and encouraging words when needed.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
I enjoy coming here still. Been here since 2005. I had so much support through the birth of both boys, death of my husband and parenting alone. I still love to hear the updates of everyone.
Granted I am not here as much as I used to be but still like to pop in !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley. I am happily married, with 2 boys 4 years and 18 months. I am a stay at home mother, and love it! .

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.