Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ear Infections UGH!!
sarah0323 posted:
Colby has had an ear infection for more than 3 weeks now plus a few more infections over the last few months. He will be 6 in a few weeks. He was "supposed" to outgrow this by now. We are going to the ENT on Thursday. He has already had 4 sets of tubes. Currently both tubes have fallen out. Looks like we may be having another set of tubes before long.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

seeit2 responded:
Man, that stinks. Does anyone have any guesses as to why it keeps happening? Do the tubes seem to help?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
Oh man that does stink. I sure hope you can find a solution that works for his ears.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

sarah0323 replied to seeit2's response:
They really do. As soon as they fall out we start having troubles. Once the tubes go in the ear infections go away. The fluid in his ears is so sticky that it is just perfect for ear infections. We've added a decongestant to try to get everything to drain. His last set of tubes fell out about 6 months ago. Since then he has had at least one ear infection a month. He was diagnosed with an ear infection 3 weeks ago that just won't go away. They think his fluid is just so sticky that it isn't draining and we probably have never gotten the original infection completely gone.

He actually asked me tonight if we could go have surgery to make his ears feel better again. Here's hoping that if they think tubes are needed again that they can get him in quickly for surgery.

mrswhitecastle replied to sarah0323's response:
Awww, poor guy. I hope things go smoothly, and he starts feeling better soon.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (6)

sarah0323 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
We are having surgery March 7th. Another round of tubes. Colby asked the Dr. if he could put tubes in again. It was so cute. He's ready for his ears to feel better again.

laney0705 replied to sarah0323's response:
That's good news. Little guy should be feeling better after that.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.