Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Snow Day
mrswhitecastle posted:
Yay, yay, yay! I think I may be more excited then the girls are!

We got the phone call around 6:15 last night. I didn't tell the girls, but had them watch the news and look for our school district name on their own. Ahhhh, the memories that brings back...

It isn't doing anything yet, but I've heard anything from 3 to 5 inches of snow to 1 inch of ice. They are urging everyone to stay home, so DH decided to take a snow day himself. It isn't supposed to start until closer to noon, so I'll even have time to get to my spinning class.

How's the weather where you are? I think this is supposed to be a pretty big storm.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (6)

iocasta responded:
It's supposed to start later this evening here in Chicago. I'm not sure if it will be enough for us to have a snow day. We are supposed to get up to 6 inches which is a huge storm for us this year since we haven't had more than 2 inches in any one storm. Enjoy your snow day.

earleyml1012 replied to iocasta's response:
I'm surprised for Chicago that you haven't had more snow than that! We haven't had much here in PA where we live. Tomorrow we are suppose to get something but I hope not much b/c we are traveling further north to see my in-laws...we need a break from our daily lives.

baby1at35 replied to earleyml1012's response:
We are a snow day here too and it hasn't even started snowing yet. It is coming in here in the next couple hrs. Supposed to snow 1-2 inches an hour. We should end up with almost 12 inches.
So far dry. I am working from home today. Office closed at 12 anyway.
The boys are supposed to have their music program tommorow. Not sure if we are having school or not tommorow.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

crunk05177 replied to baby1at35's response:
Enjoy everyone!!! After almost 2 feet, two weeks ago, I am done done done with snow and READY for summer!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

sarah0323 responded:
We have a snow day too. It started snowing here at 5:30am and we have about 8 inches already. We are supposed to get more. At least we haven't had any ice. The boys are excited about going sledding later.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
Just started here. Bet the schools are happy since they all called it with no snow! They can't have half days here due to the bus situations. The middle school/elementary share buses. So it is all or nothing.

earleyml1012 replied to baby1at35's response:
I was wondering why so many people said their schools had a snow day this morning when you said there wasn't even any snow yet. Kind of hard to bus all those kids home at the same time. However, I remember my school district shared buses with the elementary and middle/high schools and we still had early dismissals from snow. The elementary would just get out before the middle/high school at the same amount of time as on a normal dismissal.

iocasta responded:
We only got about 3 inches out of this storm and it fell mostly overnight. We so the last snow day we have had was early Feb. 2011 when 27 inches was dumped on us. Believe me I'm not complaining though we could use the moisture.

baby1at35 replied to iocasta's response:
We had 10 inches. Due for another storm on Sunday night with 3-6 inches. Yikes! We were out of school today too.
I worked from home , took the boys sledding and then took them to the office for a bit with me to finish up some work (which they loved !) The streets were nice and cleared up .
I sure hope it doesn't storm like they say on Sunday/Monday or we will be out of school yet another day. That one is supposed to have a lot of wind with it. UGH
The boys were out on Monday this wk for presidents day and only went on Tues, Wed. Crazy!

sarah0323 replied to baby1at35's response:
We ended up getting 8.5 inches out of the last storm. We are supposed to get 8 to 15 more inches tonight with a lot of wind. I'm done with the snow. Bring on the warm weather. We were supposed to start state assessments this week. J's teacher said that she is going to hold off for a few days. Doesn't want to start and then the kids be interrupted. Most activities have already been cancelled in our area. The snow hasn't started yet.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
Bummer Sarah. The 2nd storm is missing us. The boys can finally have their music program tommorow.
Feels so much like it should be spring and not this January type weather we are getting.
After 4 days off it was tough to get the boys to school today! But they had a nice day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm the mom to a wonderful 6 year old boy (PJ) and a beautiful 4 year old girl (Kylee). I'm a step-mom to four kids as we...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.