Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vacation plans?
seeit2 posted:
I know Spring break happens all over the calendar for all of us but I was wondering what everyone had planned. I am driving the kids to Florida to see my mom next week, ahead of our spring break, so we can have a longer visit. DH may fly in for a few days over the weekend.

How about you guys? Anything good going on this Spring?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

tlkittycat1968 responded:
We're thinking of going to San Diego. DH started a new job this week and I forgot to ask if he asked about vacation. I know at his previous job, they gave you time off but didn't pay you for it.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

laney0705 responded:
My MIL is flying in from Florida to spend Spring Break with us. Her husband passed away before Christmas and Brian wasn't able to go down there for the services.

She is thrilled to be coming out. She will be with the kids all day since there is no school or day care. She hasn't seen them in 2 1/2 years.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

iocasta responded:
We are headed to Scottsdale for some R&R and to visit my SIL and husband. We'll stay at the Four Seasons, which is conveniently about a mile or so from my SIL's house. They have 3 Toy Schnauzers that don't like children so it is best that we don't stay with them. Otherwise, the poor babies have to be boarded. And believe me it is no hardship to be pampered at the Four Seasons.

baby1at35 responded:
No vacation plans. My Mom is coming to take care of the boys over spring break while I work.
It is also Tre's birthday over spring break and he wants to go to Pizza place. I was going to do a birthday party but the budget may not let me. Have to pay deposits on all the summer camp stuff. Yikes!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

earleyml1012 responded:
Well my kids are both in daycare so we don't technically have a spring break. The center is closed this Friday for a teacher inservice day, so we are going away for one night and hitting up an aquarium and children's museum. Then they are closed again Good Friday and the Monday after Easter. My in-laws are considering coming for the weekend and then my mom will watch the kids on Monday. No real vacation plans but a nice change of pace. I don't think we'll take a real vacation until we plan our trip to Disney.

mrswhitecastle responded:
I wouldn't consider it vacation, practically the opposite. We are going to go visit my grandparents. To make it a bit more like "vacation" I'm going to have us stay in a hotel. The girls are looking forward to it because they will get to swim a bit and eat at their favorite restaurants.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently in Rhode Island, DH is active duty military. We've been here a bit over a year, it's our 5th duty station since we were married 11 y...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.