Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lost Teeth Poll
iocasta posted:
How many has your LO lost so far?

How much do they get per tooth?

Are they a wiggler or do they let the tooth drop out on its own?

Levi has only lost 3 but his top front two are pretty loose, one in particular.

I planned on a dollar per tooth but DH told Levi that he would get five dollars per tooth.

Levi would let them rot in his head before wiggling or pulling on them.

earleyml1012 responded:
Wow! Even the tooth fairy has increased with inflation. I think I got a quarter per tooth.

My daughter is 4, so she hasn't lost any yet...basically just got them all. What age do they start losing their teeth so I can be prepared.

crunk05177 responded:
How many has your LO lost so far? Michael has lost 3 so far...all on the bottom

How much do they get per tooth? He got I think $10 for his first. He swallowed it and was very upset he couldn't give it to the tooth fairy so she was extra generous. After that, I have given $5 a tooth.

Are they a wiggler or do they let the tooth drop out on its own? He does NOT wiggle them and it drives me nuts!!!! He could have it loose for like 6 months before it falls out!

He lost his first tooth at about 5 1/2 but I do know of some kids who have lost before 5. Your time is coming soon earleyml
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
DS is 5 but hasn't lost any teeth yet.

We plan on giving him $1/tooth.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

sarah0323 responded:
How many has your LO lost so far? Colby 2 so far.[br>[br>How much do they get per tooth? $1.00 per tooth[br>[br>Are they a wiggler or do they let the tooth drop out on its own? Colby is a wiggler. When he notices that one is loose he will wiggle until he can pull it. [br>
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

laney0705 responded:
Ryder has lost 6 teeth so far. For the first one we gave him $5. For the others it was $2/tooth.

He wiggles them. Two fo them he pulled out, gross.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(6)DD(3)

kc_94920 responded:
DD(10) has lost 14 so far but only 8 came out on their own. For the first 8 teeth, we did $5 for the first tooth and then $2 bills for the rest. When she was 8.5 we discovered she had impacted eye teeth and she and had to start getting baby teeth pulled. At that point, the amount became more random and dependant on the extent of the dental invasion. Usually between $5-$10 per tooth. She was definately a wiggler and loved touching them and trying to pull them out though.

DS( has lost 7 teeth. He's got $5 for the first and $2 bills for all but one front tooth he lost on Christmas Eve, that one brought in a special delivery of $10. He hates touching/wiggling/pulling the loose teeth and literally waits until the permanent teeth push the baby tooth out.

DD(5) has not lost anything, which is typical of my kids. Both older kids lost the bottom center teeth just before turning 6 and then the other 6 front teeth between 7 and 8.5.
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently in Rhode Island, DH is active duty military. We've been here a bit over a year, it's our 5th duty station since we were married 11 y...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.