Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Snow day today
baby1at35 posted:
Crazy weather. We were supposed to only get 1-2 inches. We ended up with 8-9 inches. So I will have to go dig out today.
The boys really need to be back in school. They were out Thur/Frid for conferences and here we are again.
I am working from home part of the day but would like to get to the office to do the 2nd part of my job but I have to take the boys. So we shall see.
I am so ready for spring This storm was a surprise for all. And it rained first so it is icy on top of it. Fun ...
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

mrswhitecastle responded:
Yuck. Are they to the point of having to start making up snow days yet?

I agree -- It's time for Spring! Spring break is next week, and I'm crossing my fingers we get some Spring-like weather.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (6)

iocasta responded:
We got nearly 10 inches last Tuesday. So far we haven't had a snow day in over two years, when we got over 24" of snow. It takes a lot for the schools in Chicago to shut down. We had rain all day yesterday and it is shaping up to be the same today, so most of the snow is gone. I'm so ready for spring. I'm tired of wearing winter clothes.

earleyml1012 replied to iocasta's response:
Call me crazy but we've had such mild winters that I'm ready for a good snow storm. Last Wednesday we were suppose to get 4-6 inches by 3pm with ice so in the morning all the schools cancelled and even our daycare closed. Turns out our area got 1 inch that melted by 1pm. Both DH and I worked from home since the offices we work at were still opened and we didn't want to use a vacation day. It made for a long hard day...not sure how people work from home with kids all the time! Anyway, not this year anymore but maybe next year it would be nice to get an actual snow storm. Poor DD hardly had any snow to go sledding in this year, it was always 1-2 inches and then melted by the evening or next day.

We did have nice sunny, warm weather this weekend and it was absolutely lovely. The girls got to play outside, we did a little yard work and we got to take our dog for a few walks. I'm definitely in the mood for spring now.

kc_94920 responded:
We got close to 2 feet last week and had the best weekend of spring skiing with fresh powder, sunny skis and temps in the 40's. It has been on ok season for us snow wise but this was an unexpected treat for all of us!
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

miob responded:
Similar story here. We were expecting 6-12 inches and got almost 2 feet on Friday. Then Saturday and Sunday were gorgeous - melted almost a foot already. But it was great snow for snowmen and snowball fights. They were headed out during preschool today, too - DS should be exhausted by the time I pick him up!

But I'm done with the snow...bring on spring!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.