Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bloody Noses
tlkittycat1968 posted:
Poor DS. He had a bloody nose Saturday and Sunday night. Nothing like seeing the lower half of your kid's face covered in blood. At least last night he was in the bath when it happened but DD thought she caused it and kept crying and saying she didn't mean to. I reassured her she didn't do it, it just happens.

Both times I just had him lie on the bed watching cartoons for 30 minutes before I let him get up and it seemed to work.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

earleyml1012 responded:
Sorry to hear that he's been having nose bleeds.

Not sure if this will comfort you or not but my little brother had nose bleeds often as a child for no reason. I think some people are just more prone to them. However, if these continue frequently, I'd call his doctor just to have him checked out.

My DD would cry too thinking she caused it to happen. I've been struggling with anxiety and had a breakdown at bfast on Saturday morning. DD started crying b/c she thought she had done something wrong.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.