Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Workout poll
iocasta posted:
Since several of us are trying to get back into the routine or just trying to step up their game, I thought a little poll would be nice.

1. What are you listening to?

2. What are you doing?

1. On my ipod I have following albums on shuffle: Green Day -- American Idiot and Warning; Elton John's Madman Across the Water; Oasis -- Definitely Maybe, Stop the Clocks and (What's the Story) Morning Glory; Supertramp's Breakfast in American; R.E.M's Reckoning and Fables of the Recontruction, Smith's Meat Is Murder, Wilco's Being There, Summerteeth and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

2. I'm rowing 7 km seven days a week on my Concept 2 Rower and swimming breaststroke for a 1000 yds 4 days a week.

On Sunday I hit up Lululemon and bought a bunch of new workout gear. Nothing re-energizes a workout like new gear.

seeit2 responded:
1. The Smiths! LOL have not listened to them in ages. I have an eclectic mix of country, classic rock, rap and hip hop that I listen to, song by song more than by the album.

2. I have two weeks left of my first go-round of P90X. I hurt my neck/shoulder about 6 weeks ago, thought it healed and went back to workout, and re-injured it (I'm a dummy I know) so now I am trying to lay low and really let it heal before I get back to it, but those two last weeks are haunting me. But a hurt neck is the worst, it's my first experience with such an injury and I hope it's my last. So for now I"m walking the dog and chasing the boy around the park but that's it.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

kc_94920 responded:
I rarely use my ipod for workouts anymore. The girls have added so many songs to my playlists that it just isn't the same. I just cant seem to embrace One Direction and Demi Lavato like they can. That being said, my club plays great music and we have speakers in our garage (where I have several pieces of equipment and a nice view of the bay) that are tied into our music system so I normally just select a station and go for it.

As for my routine, I play tennis several mornings a week, go to the gym twice a week to use the rower, treadmill and eliptical and then squeeze in my home equipment and free weights whenever I can. During the winter I ski 2 days a week, which to me, is the best workout.

Oh and I guess I should confess that with a random schedule like this I'm often in yoga pants, tennis attire or, if in the mountains, in my base layer/ski pants during the day. It's pretty common for mom's around here and I've never thought much about until reading the poll...
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

miob responded:
1. I exercise at home in the basement. I usually use the hour to catch up on tv shows on my iPad (glad The Voice is back - makes the time go by faster).

2. I have a recumbant bike and a rowing machine - I use the bike way more than the rowing machine.

mrswhitecastle responded:
1. I'm sick of all my songs. I promised myself after I lost 5 pounds, I'd get a new CD. Not sure what I'm going to get, but 2 more pounds to go!

2. I meet with a trainer 1x a week, do spinning 2x a week, and then do a combo of weights and cardio 2x a week.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

baby1at35 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
1. What are you listening to? Ok call me a dork... I am listening to a lot of 80's and 90's stuff. I actually loaded a milli vanilli CD on my ipod. Hey it was good music

2. What are you doing? I need to get back on it. Was so off the mark with my Mom here ect. I am doing eliptical 2 x wk and I have a bike in the basement so that the other 2 x. I also want to put some yoga in the routine. I am such a stress ball and really need to get myself centered ect.
I would like to make more classes but it is not working out like I would want it to.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

sarah0323 responded:
I have everything from the 80's to current. Pretty eclectic but I like options.

I walk five miles a day. We adopted a year old dog. He is my new partner. I walk in the country so lots of hills and dirt roads. The closest gym is 30 miles away so long walks and an occasional video work for me.

I've lost 40 pounds since November. I got new workout gear a few
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.