Skip to content
Easter Basket and traditions
miob posted:
I've had a lot of people at work ask me if we hide Easter eggs for DS - we don't. When we were little, we always had jelly bean hunts and now both my brother and I carry on that tradition with our kids. Does anyone have other Easter traditions outside the norm? And if your kids watch movies without your traditions, how do you explain? (DS is obsessed with Rise if the Guardians and wants to know why the Easter bunny doesn't hide eggs here!).

For the basket this year, DS (4) is getting a book, some bubbles, magnetic building blocks, a new horse for his castle, Don't Break the Ice and some candy. What's in your baskets?

Happy Easter Everyone!

baby1at35 responded:
Happy Easter!
We really do not have any out of the norm traditions. My Mom always talks about none of them growing up wanted the purple egg (bad luck). So if they found it they kept sneaking it in their brother/sisters baskets.
The boys got some small outdoor toys, bubbles , and candy in their baskets.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

earleyml1012 responded:
We don't really have too many traditions yet other than the location we've been going for Easter lunch with DH's family. We've allowed DD#1 to paint eggs a few times but none of us really like hard boiled eggs so it's not worth the hassle for like 3-6 eggs. Every year our college has an alumni Easter egg hunt the Saturday after Easter (the candy is cheaper, if they wait a week) so we've been taking the kids to that. This year I bought some Resurrection eggs, which are just plastic eggs with trinkets that help tell the story of Christ's death and resurrection, and DD#1 enjoyed the learning the story this way.

We didn't really do baskets this year b/c the gift I bought for DD#2 was too big to fit in it. We got her a Magna-Doodle b/c she loves playing with her sisters. Then for DD#1 we got her educational books, socks, craft and lip gloss.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
We always go to my parents' house for Easter and she always has baskets for the kids with candy and one toy. I'm 44 and DH is 50 and she still makes us baskets, mostly just gift bags with candy. My brother and sis-in-law always get there before us and their kids have already done the egg hunt by the time we get there. My niece and nephew will "hide" the plastic eggs for my kids and "help" them find them. This year, DS found an egg after everyone had gone in the house thinking they were all found.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.