Skip to content
DS and Physical Therapy
tlkittycat1968 posted:
Per his IEP, DS was supposed to be receiveing physical therapy (PT) once a week. I found out he was not recieving it and the company that was providing it before no longer contracted with the district. I should have been notified but if they left a phone message, DH is notorious for not passing along messages and I don't recall getting anything in the mail.

I contacted the district and was told they were referring me to another company and should hear something soon. I got a phone call this morning from the principal at his school saying someone was trying to sign him out for PT and asking if that was okay. I hadn't received any notification from the company that his therapy was starting. I called the company and they didn't even have a physical therapist assigned to him in their files. They apologized and said they would get more information to me later today.

I'm glad he's getting the therapy he's supposed to be getting but would have liked some sort of prior notification.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).
seeit2 responded:
Yeah, that's really unprofessional and also a little scary, isn't it?

Any chance you can get some of that missed therapy made up?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya
mrswhitecastle responded:
That sounds so frustrating! How much therapy did he miss?

I hope things get worked out quickly for you.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm the mom to a wonderful 7 year old boy (PJ) and a beautiful 5 year old girl (Kylee). I'm a step-mom to four kids as we...More

Helpful Tips

my son is soon to be 5 and me and my husband thinks he has undecended testicles.
when my son was about 1 our doctor thought my son had undescended testicles and sent us to a specialist. The specialist said he was find ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.