Skip to content
How was your weekend?
mrswhitecastle posted:
We had a great weekend! The weather was beautiful, so we were outside quite a bit. We got some yard work done on Saturday, and the girls were able to play outside for hours.

On Sunday, Emily had her first piano recital. She did great. She was nervous, but so proud of herself when she was done. I like her teacher a lot. He had several recitals, and grouped them by talent. So, she was with the beginners, and it was over in about 30 minutes. Afterwards, we stopped at her favorite frozen yogurt place to celebrate.

How was your weekend?
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

baby1at35 responded:
It was super busy but a lot of fun. My Mom/brother were here for Henry's 1st Communion at church. Then on Saturday they took care of the boys while I went to a good friends' wedding. I had a blast at the wedding. Danced and I haven't danced in years. So fun.
I sat at a table of single gals/guys. It was a good time. Got asked out on a date when all was said and done. So we shall see.
Sunday was Henry's 1st communion. It was such a great day. He was so excited/proud. My 2 aunts came, a friend, my brother and Mom. Afterwards we went out to eat. The weather was really, really beautiful.
A great busy weekend. But I am really looking forward to a quiet week. We only have one thing on the calendar and that is nice. I have spring cleaning on my agenda !
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Busy but mostly good. My weekend started Thursday since I was off work Friday and that wasn't good as I had to buy a battery for my car since the old one died.

Friday was good. Took DD to pre-school and then waited for DS' bus. After his bus came, I took a nap until DH got home. I had to pick up DS at 1:30p since he had a therapy appointment at 2p.

Saturday was family day. My SIL who lives with us, invited her kids over for BBQ (hot dogs & hamburgers) and my step-daughter and two of her three kids came as well. It was fun visiting and holding my step-grandson since it was the first time I'd seen him since he was born in November. After my SIL left to take my step-daughter and kids home, DS started crying because he wanted her son to stay and sleep with him. He cried for about a half hour.

Sunday I volunteered for a 10 mile run and had to be there at 6a to help with packet pick-up. I got home around 8:30a to find DH hadn't changed DD's diaper or fed the kids so guess who had to do both and make breakfast for DH and me? Went to Costco with DD and then made her lunch and put her down for a nap. DS had gone with grandma and grandpa to buy sandals. Kids played outside most of the day. DH left to go out of town for work around 6p. Kids got on my nerves around 7:15 so both went to bed.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

earleyml1012 responded:
We had a great weekend too! It was busy so it went too fast.

Friday night we went to a 2nd birthday party for a daughter of really close friends. They had a ton of families/kids there, so our 4 year old had a blast. Our shy 1 year old even started playing with the other kids after she warmed up. Both kids were up past bedtime and were actually good while getting them ready for bed.

Saturday, our college had an Easter egg hunt for alumni children. They've decided to do it after Easter since people aren't as busy and they can save money on candy. Thankfully they split it into 3 age groups, so that the 1 year olds didn't get run over. Both of our girls had fun and even found gold prize eggs. DH had a youth group conference at the college so he was there all day. After the girls went down for naps, I watched the first two episodes of Downton Abbey, season 1. Still don't know how I feel about that show, I'm going to finish watching season 1 to see if I get hooked.

Sunday, we went to church and then headed to Baltimore to see a baseball game. My older brother was home visiting and that's his favorite thing to do, so DH and I took the girls along. DD#1 had a blast with my brother...sat with him the entire game, while on the light rail and at dinner. DD#2 who is normally very shy around family was warm to him as well, we were happy about that since he's hasn't seen the kids since April...he lives in NC. Once again we got home right at bedtime and despite not having normal naps, the girls were in a good mood during bath time.

We had a great weekend and the warmer weather is really great too!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.