Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Immunizations - what documentation is required to decline?
    SpartanAnnie posted:
    First off a little backround - I am a nurse and was a peds nurse for 6 years. I have changed fields in nursing so now I am out of the immunization loop. I DO NOT want to discuss the pro/con list of innoculation. I have made my decision. My oldest is 10 and not immunized on SOME vaccicines. He attends a private school so we don't have an issue with providing documentation there. My youngest daughter Quinn, 5, is entering Kindergarten (public) in Missouri this fall. She got through pre-k with no issues (as I just kept putting the school off). She has horrible reactions to the MMR vaccine (we tried to vaccinate her with individual shots but they stopped making them) so the doc will sign off on that. We do NOT want the chicken pox shot or any further MMR vaccines.

    So - what do we have ot provide to the school to pass on those vaccines? I am not willing to state is a religious belief, because it is not. Its my parental right belief

    mrswhitecastle responded:
    I would contact the school she is going to attend in the fall and ask them. Have you registered her for Kindergarten yet? That would be a good time to talk with the nurse and see what paperwork needs to be filled out.

    I am in Missouri, too. I'm not sure the chicken pox vaccine was required to attend. If I remember, and it's been awhile, it was an optional vaccine.

    I do know that in Kindergarten, you can't just keep putting them off. There were several students in Kindergarten who had not yet provided their immunization records, and the nurse was ready to tell them they could not attend until they did.
    Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I'm a Mom of two adorable munchkins. Crystal, 9-15-06, and Aiden, 5-12-10. My DH, Chad, is the light of my life, and helps try to keep me sane. :D...More

    Helpful Tips

    Glowstick bathtime!
    Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 39 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.