Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Boston
miob posted:
Not sure if anyone else is in the Boston area, but heavy hearts in and around the city today. I thought this would be a good time to remind everyone to have an emergency contact plan with your family and friends. I will be outreaching to my preschool in the morning to help develop a more robust plan that includes social media. Originally cell phones were busy and no one could get through so it was better to rely on text messages - then they shut down all cell service concerned that there were additional explosive devices being detonated by cell phone.

Keep the city in your thoughts and prayers. This day is usually one of celebration with the marathon and the early Red Sox game. How quickly it turned to tragedy. I'm choosing to look for some good amidst the chaos. The amazing first responders, the marathoners who finished running 26 miles and then headed to the hospitals to give blood. Amazing people and I'm sure more stories will emerge.

Stay safe everyone.

mrswhitecastle responded:
It's just terrible what happened. I haven't been able to see much of the coverage, it would upset the girls too much. It's just so sad. And scary.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

jlynnpaine responded:
My prayers are going out to everyone affected by this horrible tragedy. Very good point to have an emergency and a backup plan in place considering that the cell phone service may not be available.

iocasta responded:
The victims and their families are in my thoughts.

miob responded:
Another scary day here. We're all following the news closely, hoping this is resolved soon. Boston is shut down - it's just crazy. An entire city in lockdown. The toll this is taking on the area is immense. I was supposed to be headed into the city today for a meeting that was cancelled.

We watched in horror as this kind of thing happened in other cities and were able to say 'that can't happen here'. Not anymore. We can't cling that that.

It's school vacation week in Massachusetts. For those with school aged kids, many of their plans have been disrupted so they are keenly aware of what is happening. What should be a fun week full of trips to the Boston Aquarium, the Museum of Science, the Marathon, Bruins, Red Sox and Celtics games are cancelled. Instead, they're watching video of bombings and SWAT teams. Just horrible.

seeit2 replied to miob's response:
This whole thing is just horrific, and that it is happening in one of our greatest cities is even more awful. Your police force should be proud (though I do wonder how many more surveillance cameras will go up around the country after this). I had no idea it was vacation week too - how can you keep kids away from it all?

Our local TV is full of footage from the blast in West. It looks like a war zone there too. The school flag was at half-mast today and DD asked me why...I'm sure the school counselor is busy these days. Crazy times. Please know we are thinking of you. Stay safe.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
Stay safe. Prayers to all out there and to the city of Boston.
I just have no words to really express. Frustration,anger, sadness....
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

miob replied to baby1at35's response:
Thank god, it's over. Now maybe we can move forward and start to figure out what the new normal will be. This was a long week and one I hope to never repeat. Proud of my fellow Bostonians, police and first responders. There's a lot of good in this world....we need to remember that in times like this.

miob replied to miob's response:
Went back into Boston today to shop around Quincy Market and do my part for the local economy. Crowds were smaller than usual, but it was nice to be back and enjoying the city I love.

seeit2 replied to miob's response:
Hopefully things can get back to sorta normal for you all now. Thank goodness it's over.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.