Skip to content
We are now cub scouts
baby1at35 posted:
The boys have been begging for a year now to be a cub scout. We went to a meeting tonight and we are now officially cub scouts. They have a really great program and the boys are super excited.
Me well I am nervous as a single mom with this kind of stuff but I will do it as always. You are also required to volunteer. So between this , the PTA , and church I am super swamped.
Along with my super swamped every day stuff.
But this is for my guys who are so excited. I know this will be good for them.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

seeit2 responded:
I love the scouts. Both of my brothers were Eagle scouts and it really taught them so much. Your boys must be so excited! And I bet you will enjoy the activities you end up doing too - though the swamped part may not be so much fun.

How early do they start? I'm already looking for things to sign my three year old up for lol.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

miob responded:
That's wonderful! I will definitely be signing up DS when he's old enough. My dad was an eagle scout - he learned so much and credits a lot of who he is to his time with the scouts. In fact, his love of the outdoors propelled him to his current job - park ranger.

kc_94920 responded:
That's great. Logan joined up as a first grader and is now finishing up his second year. He really likes his pack and has learned a lot it and while DH takes him to most events and den meetings, I have enjoyed the ones that I have taken him to. Last weekend they did an overnight at an aquarium in San Francisco and L loved sleeping below sharks and rays.

Oh and his pinewood derby car won first place which was, as far as DS is concerned, his greatest life accomplishment so far. LOL!
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

laney0705 responded:
We want to get Ryder into the cub scouts, he seemed interested when we talked about it. I just have to find one where the meetings don't conflict with sports.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(7)DD(3)

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
They start at 1st grade. They have been asking for quite awhile so hence here we go ! They have camps ect through the summer time as well so I will have to see what we can do.
Honestly I have only been camping one time (sleeping bags outside.. rode horses, natural spring. It was pretty cool except for the wolves howling in the night . Yes real live wolves.
So I guess again I will be out of my comfort zone with the camping thing.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.