Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Parents of the Year
iocasta posted:
On Saturday, we attended a concert at the CSO's children's series, which we have season tickets. Afterwards, we decided to go out and have a nice lunch at the Park Hyatt's restaurant NoMi. In the cab over to the restaurant, Levi starts complaining of a headache. He has been complaining about them a lot of late but they tend to come and go. (I'll be addressing this at his annual physical). Anyway, we get to the restaurant and he starts complaining about a stomachache. He is moaning and groaning not sitting up in his chair. We ask him repeatedly to sit up and stop the drama, which he has a penchant for. Lunch is over and we head out. Okay, this is a very nice restaurant and lounge area. DH and Levi are a few feet ahead of me. As we are walking through the very nice lounge all of a sudden there is Levi vomiting. No warning, nothing only the sound of vomit hitting the hardwood floor. He gets into the hallway and does it again. DH gets him to the bathroom to get cleaned up, amazingly Levi only got a tiny speck of vomit on his suit jacket. I'm waiting for them completely mortified. Everyone at the restaurant and hotel were very kind but still I'm the parent that made her clearly not feeling well kid sit through a polite lunch. So to our defense, Levi never gets sick. The last time he had a bout of throwing up was when he was 18 months or so. We think it was likely food related. Because he threw up again later that afternoon and was right as rain yesterday morning eating a ton of food.

mrswhitecastle responded:
Oh no! At least it was hardwood floor, and not carpet. I'm glad he's feeling better now, though.

Please keep us updated on his headaches. Elizabeth's seem to have gotten a lot better since putting her on Zyrtec. I'm hoping that means they are allergy related, and not true migraines. I'm curious to know what your pedi says and recommends for Levi's headaches.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

iocasta replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Yes, fortunately we were out of the restaurant area, which is carpeted. We are slightly concerned about the headaches and was glad that he threw up later without one. DH started to get migraine like headaches with vomiting at Levi's age and as he grew they became full blown migraines with vomiting and at times with aphasia, which is when you lose the ability to speak, read or write. Pretty scary stuff. Fortunately, the last time DH had such a migraine he was in his late 20s and probably in his late 30s/early 40s that he stopped getting them altogether.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
We had that happen to us once. DS was complaining his stomach hurt and we kept telling him to sit down. Next thing we knew, he was throwing up on the floor of the restaurant. Luckily, it was a tile floor. I felt sorry for the family sitting next to us.

You can tell you're a parent when after the above happens, all I do is clean it up with paper towels and napkins, wash my hands, and go back to eating.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

baby1at35 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Oh no. Sometimes you just do not know.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.