Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Time is flying by
baby1at35 posted:
Only 3 more days of the school year left. This year has really been a great year of learning and growing. I am so grateful I was able to switch schools and get the boys into the great environment they are in.
In a few days I will have a 2nd and 3rd grader! I cannot believe how time is flying. I also am so proud of my boys who really love school and learning. I am looking forward to the summer as we change our learning a bit with summer school, camps and our mini trips /vacations I have planned.
I am just stunned at how fast the clock/time is moving. Seems like yesterday they were 2 and 3 yrs old!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

mrswhitecastle responded:
It's hard to believe! I was just saying yesterday that they should be something more like 4 and 6. It seems impossible that they are really 6 and 8.

Tomorrow is our last day, and then I will have a 1st and 3rd grader! 3rd grade is half way through elementary school! Emily will be one of the older kids now, and not the younger. How can that be possible????

I'm looking forward to Summer, too! We have our Six Flags passes and pool passes all ready to go!
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

iocasta responded:
I hear you. Levi's school ends on the 31st but Friday is his last day because we are traveling to the UK. His summer is mapped out with camps, swim, and vacation. Then 2nd grade. I'm not ready for that. Kind of sad because I learned today that his best buddy isn't returning next year. They have been together since preschool. His parents are looking to buy a house (they just sold theirs) in an area of Chicago with a good public school associated with it. The tuition at Levi's school was just too much and their 2nd child is almost preschool age. So bummed. This is the 2nd good friend that won't be returning due to the cost. The other friend's parents were paying for three kids in the school, which is a small fortune to pay.

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.