Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise check - in
seeit2 posted:
How are you guys doing? Keeping up the routine now that summer is here?

I am trying to run every other day and swim in between to stay loose and work the rest of my muscles. I haven't worked out in a week though. I got really sick last weekend, a nasty sore throat that might have been strep, and a sinus infection. It was kinda sporadic before that with all of the end-of-school stuff going on. Hopefully I can get back in the swing here soon.

How is it going with you?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 responded:
Awful I am so frustrated. Having trouble getting a workout in at all. But I have a plan so hopefully I can get to the plan !
Zumba tonight and Friday night.
I want to start running before I get the boys I have about 1 1/2 hrs so it is doable to at least get a 30 min run/walk in. I do not like running but it is what I need to do at this old age to stay in shape
It has been so frustrating to get things moving along.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

mrswhitecastle responded:
Awful! I so need this post to help get back on track.

It has been non-stop family stuff for the last 2 weeks. I'm on a bit of family overload. Activities scheduled all day, every day, and I've hardly been home.

The last of the family goes home on Sunday. So, I'm hoping to get back on track Monday. I've signed up for 2 spinning classes next week, and I have a training session. Hopefully I'll get a couple more gym workouts in, too.

I'm ready for those LAZY days of Summer......
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

baby1at35 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
I am ready for the Lazy days of summer too. It hasn't been that way here either.
I have been a little frazzled with all the "stuff " going on. Plus from our last bad hail storm I am working with contracters. I have to choose my new house color in 2 days!~ Who would have thought that would be so difficult ? haha. The boys and I have it narrowed down and pretty much we agree which is cute that we all like the same ones New siding, new roof...
Plus the other activities we have going on.
I have been walking a bit but it is simply not enough. And exercise helps me deal with my anxiety/stress level.

iocasta replied to baby1at35's response:
Lazy summer days is a misnomer if you ask me. We are packed every weekend this summer except the first weekend of August, add to that Levi's non-stop camp and swim schedule. I'm so glad that I'm PT at 25%. I don't know how I would be able to survive otherwise. Workouts have taken a hit with our most recent vacation and busy weekends. I try to row 7 km everyday and swim 1 km three times a week. Right now I have been getting in only 5 rows and one swim a week.

seeit2 replied to baby1at35's response:
Don't know if you have tried them, but there are some great walk to 5K running apps for smartphones out there. It takes all of the thinking out of the workout - you can just plug in and do what the program tells you (which works great for me - I tend to get lazy if I don't have a plan).
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
I haven't but I will have to look them up ! Yes taking the thinking out of it is great for me !
I have enough time before I go get the boys to get a workout in but I have been meeting with contractors /appts. ect .
Next week the boys have basketball camp from 4-5pm 4 days a week at the community center. I can work out there as they have treadmills/eliptical while they have their camp for an hour !

Spotlight: Member Stories

Getting married in 3 weeks to my hunny who ive been with for 6 years. We have a soon to be 5 year old son together, and we are expecting baby number 2...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.