Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Summer vacation
Nikki_123 posted:
I am having a hard time keeping my 6 yr old DD occupied. She goes for swim class once a week and to library once or twice a week. No naps but she keeps watching a lot of TV and spends time on the computer ( doing educational activities ) She rides her bike in the evenings and plays in the park but I dont know how else to keep her busy. Shes my only child and her friends ( who are our neighbors ) have gone out of country for vacation. I feel bad for her sometimes and wish she had a sibling too.
How are you keeping ur kids occupied? Do you have a schedule?

seeit2 responded:
We have a schedule and even with a sibling it is tough keeping my 6-year old occupied too. I take my girl to the park with her bike during the day to ride. We also have a small above-ground pool in the backyard that we have been living in, but it is already in the 90s here in Texas. Are there any sports leagues you can sign her up for? Meetup groups around? Water or splash parks?

All of my dd's friends are in day care so she does not have a lot of other kids around either. It's a drag.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.