Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Summer vacation
    Nikki_123 posted:
    I am having a hard time keeping my 6 yr old DD occupied. She goes for swim class once a week and to library once or twice a week. No naps but she keeps watching a lot of TV and spends time on the computer ( doing educational activities ) She rides her bike in the evenings and plays in the park but I dont know how else to keep her busy. Shes my only child and her friends ( who are our neighbors ) have gone out of country for vacation. I feel bad for her sometimes and wish she had a sibling too.
    How are you keeping ur kids occupied? Do you have a schedule?

seeit2 responded:
    We have a schedule and even with a sibling it is tough keeping my 6-year old occupied too. I take my girl to the park with her bike during the day to ride. We also have a small above-ground pool in the backyard that we have been living in, but it is already in the 90s here in Texas. Are there any sports leagues you can sign her up for? Meetup groups around? Water or splash parks?

All of my dd's friends are in day care so she does not have a lot of other kids around either. It's a drag.
    Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
    Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 39 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.