Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DS on Rides
tlkittycat1968 posted:
We went on vacation last week and while DS didn't want to go on many of the kiddie rides except for the car ones, he did want to go on the log ride with DH. That was very surprising as he has sensory issues. He liked the ride so much that he cried when he couldn't go on it again. He even went on the merry-go-round that he wouldn't go on last year. He didn't want to ride one of the horses but sat on one of the benches they have on the ride.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

kc_94920 responded:
I'm glad he had fun! Is your DD enjoy as well?

Rides are just one of those things that kids have to progress into on their own. Our oldest is a bit risk adverse and was much more hesitant than her siblings in regards to fast rides and big slides. About the time she hit 1st grade everything changed though and she began to open up and became more willing to give the "unknown" a shot. Eve at that point though I can remember her making DS, who is 2 years younger, try everything first before she would do it. He was 2.5 happily riding on the Matterhorn and she was close to 5 and absolutely screaming the entire ride.
KC~ Mady (10) Logan (7.5) and Coco (4.5)

tlkittycat1968 replied to kc_94920's response:
DD enjoyed all the kiddie rides and even went on the Tilt-a-Whirl with me although she said she didn't like that one.

DS has been diagnosed with a very mild form of autism and has sensory issues. He didn't go on many of the kiddie rides but wanted to go on the big one.
Pround mom of PJ (5) and Kylee (3).

mrswhitecastle replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
That's great that he tried more rides this time! It sounds like you all had a good time!
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom of two adorable munchkins. Crystal, 9-15-06, and Aiden, 5-12-10. My DH, Chad, is the light of my life, and helps try to keep me sane. :D...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.