Birthday party tomorrow
seeit2 posted:
We are throwing an early bday party for DD tomorrow. We have never really had an all-out party for her before, just family or two or three friends. Seems we are making up for that this year. It's a splash party, with about 10 friends and their families. And all of our neighbors. We have a local bouncy house company delivering an 18' water slide in the morning. It's gonna be a blast. Considering the temp is supposed to reach 103" I'm grateful we made it a water party - and that we scrounged up some tents to provide shade for everyone. The adults are already planning a margarita -slide fiesta for later in the evening lol.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 responded:
How was it? That sounds like a lot of fun!! I wish my kids had summer birthdays! Their birthdays are in October and December so everything always has to be indoors.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
It was really fun. The slide was dropped off friday night and they never picked it up until about noon on Sunday so we had a weekend's worth of entertainment out of it. I woke up pretty sore on Sunday - turns out hurling a 43 year old body down a steep incline then slamming it into the ground and the water can make for a painful back the next day. Who knew?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
Awww sounds like a great time! (minus the painful back part
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

earleyml1012 responded:
Sounds awesome! I too have October and December babies, so no waterslides for us. Maybe sleding.