Skip to content
Checking In
mrswhitecastle posted:
It sure is quiet in here! What has everyone been up to?

I've started canning for this season. So far this week I have done cherry pie filling, cherry jam, and peaches. I want to do pickles next week. I've never tried them before, so it could be a colossal disaster. This week I discovered a very small farmer's stand close to home, so I should be able to get really fresh produce. I can't believe he farms here in the middle of the suburbs!

We have only about 3 weeks of Summer vacation left. I need to get the girls started on Summer homework, and we will probably go school shopping next week. I'm dreading back to school, but trying to put on a brave face! They are excited, and that's what really matters.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 responded:
three weeks? Are you back the 12th? We go back the 27th and it seems like ages away - but three weeks seems pretty short! I know you guys got out earlier though too.

We've been swimming and sweating, that's about it. My mom and sister and threatening to come visit but they have changed the dates so many times I think it probably won't happen. Not sure I'm too unhappy about that.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

baby1at35 responded:
Hi !

Just popped in for a quick minute. We have been super busy. My head is spinning. Work for me has been chaotic. The boys are liking Y camp but Tre lost his glasses this week I was so upset and so was he. Hoping they find them at camp. I have a feeling they are in the field somewhere.
We have one more week until we head out on vacation with my Mom. I sooooo need a vacation to relax. The boys are super excited.
We start school on the 14th. We start early this year and I do not think any of us are ready for it. This summer is flying by like crazy.
My house is getting new siding and hopefully will be finished up next week. So between work being chaotic, contracters at my house and running the boys to various things I am thinking the lazy hazy part of summer was missed for the crazy days of summer!
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

jlynnpaine responded:
Summer has been flying by here too. Work all week and then busy doing fun activities on the weekend. We have one more year before Shae starts school so no need to brace for that. I plan to hit the clearance sales soon to stock up on clothes for both girls next summer and that's the extent of my shopping plans.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.