Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
kids playing "Doctor"- LONG, sorry
KOOPERSMOM posted:
My DS is 5, as is our neighbor boy. They are without a doubt BFF's! Last summer they were cought playing Doctor on more than one occasion. I know they had taken their pants down and possibly touched each others private parts. We talked with my son AT LENGTH about this and even bought books, etc. I thought we were past it and fast forward to yesterday when I cought them looking "guilty" in the back yard and come to find out they were up to it again! I'm not so much upset about the fact that they are curious, as I know this is probably normal, but I'm upset that we have spoken to my son SOO many times about how it's not ok and he still did it. He it typically very honest and he said it was the neighbor boys idea and that the neighbor boy touched him and not vice versa. Of course, I can only believe my son. My theory has been (and this is all my assumption) that their family is not as open as ours when it comes to things like nudity. My son sees both me and my husband undressed and I would bet that things are not the same in the neighbors house. They also have a 9 year old girl so they are probably more conscious of nudity. I feel like the neighbor boy is more curious than my son and that it was his suggestion (again, just my opinion) but I don't know what to do. If my son is letting a 5 year old influence him what would happen if it was an adult. He knows all the "right answers" about who is allowed to see/touch him there but it still happened.

lenono97 responded:
I think you handled it right the first time. However, since it happened again, I would go to the parents, if you have not done that already. I am sure it will be awkward, but they should know what happened so they can have a discussion with their son. Have another long discussion with your son. I would probably monitor their play for a while as well. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom of two adorable munchkins. Crystal, 9-15-06, and Aiden, 5-12-10. My DH, Chad, is the light of my life, and helps try to keep me sane. :D...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.