Skip to content
Returning to board and need help with DS and POOPING
CarrieP89 posted:
Hey everyone!

I used to get on these boards all of the time when I was pregnant! I now have a 4 year old (5 in November) and am recently married. Life is good and it has been an adjustment for us but a good one. The problem with my DS is that he won't poop in the potty. He used to be fully potty trained (except for overnight). Some time last year, I think when he had a stomach bug, he stopped using the potty and wanted to poop in his diaper. Here were are and he still asks for a diaper when he was to poop. It is so frustrating and I try and try to get him to poop in the potty again (he tries SOMETIMES but hasn't). I don't want to refuse to give him a diaper and him hold it. We had an issue one time where he didn't go for a week, which resulted in an enema. Has anyone gone through this or have any advice? I have tried EVERYTHING!
mrswhitecastle responded:
Welcome back to the board!

I'm sorry I can't help with your problem. We never had that issue. I have had to do enemas before due to constipation, and they are NOT fun. Hopefully someone else can help.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)
sarah0323 responded:
Hi Welcome Back!!

With one of my boys we bribed him. The first time he went on the potty he got a new hot wheel. Then a new hot wheel for every two times he pooped. He is very motivated with hot wheels. My son was scared. We had to work really hard on him finding it comfortable to go on the potty. We even got him a new cushion potty seat.

Good Luck I know how frustrating getting them to potty is.
Me 33, DD - O 13, DS1 -J 8, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 5, DD2 - E (11/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley. I am happily married, with 2 boys 4 years and 18 months. I am a stay at home mother, and love it! .

Helpful Tips

my son is soon to be 5 and me and my husband thinks he has undecended testicles.
when my son was about 1 our doctor thought my son had undescended testicles and sent us to a specialist. The specialist said he was find ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.