Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back to ER and hospital stay
seeit2 posted:
The lump on DS' neck got a lot worse. We went to the pedi who sent us to the ER, and they admitted him on Thursday of last week for IV antibiotics. He was put on isolation so we could not leave the room at all for the four days we were there. The antibiotics did not work to bring down the infection so they did a short surgery Saturday to drain the node. We came home last night with oral antibiotics and a lot of gauze to remove this morning.

THe antibiotics they gave us make the poor guy throw up, so after a lot of back and forth we have a new antibiotic that is not as strong as the original. So we are not out of the woods yet but DS is home and running around like nothing happened, with a gaping hole in his neck. I have to watch him like a hawk and go back to the ER if anything changes. I am so exhausted. School starts tomorrow and I am SO not ready.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 responded:
Oh wow!! I am so sorry! I just commented that I was glad it turned out to be no big deal on the original post. I am glad he is ok now though. What a way to start the school year lol! Darn kids!!

Nathan had his toe surgery FINALLY last week....an hour later it was as if nothing happened lol.
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

mrswhitecastle responded:
Oh no! I'm so sorry for all of you!

I hope he is doing better really soon.
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

baby1at35 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Oh no ! How is he doing now?
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

jlynnpaine responded:
How scary! I hope he doesn't have any more problems and that the meds clear everything up quickly.

seeit2 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
The meds are working, the lump is slowly getting smaller. I can't send him to PreK until it's all healed up so we are just hanging out together at home while DD is in school. I'm trying to get him to take it easy but he is an active little guy so mostly I'm just trying to keep his bandage on and everything clean.

The surrounding area on his neck is still somewhat swollen so we will have a few more appointments and another week of antibiotics to try to get rid of the last of it.

Thanks for the well-wishes
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 replied to seeit2's response:
Glad to hear its getting better!!! Hope it keeps healing well!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

laney0705 responded:
I just saw your post. How is DS doing? I haven't been on line all summer so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(7)DD(3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.