Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where did the summer go
laney0705 posted:
This summer just flew by (as usual). DS starts 2nd grade on the 4th. His school "loops" teachers so he has the same teacher as he had last year. I'm not really crazy about this system, but if he was really unhappy with his teacher I could get him moved. He likes her so it's ok.

Work has been super busy. I joined the PTA and have been busy getting ready for our open house which went very smoothly and I had a lot of fun.

It was an absolutely gorgeous summer here in the pacific nw. We had the one trip to see my dad at the end of June and a weekend at the shore. Other then that it was low key but we still had fun.

Hope you all had fantastic summers!!
Me(43)DH(40)DS(7)DD(3)

crunk05177 responded:
We begin school on the 4th as well! This summer went way too fast and unfortunately didn't get to do as many day trips as I would have liked. The kids had a blast at camp though so I guess that is all that counts!

I can't believe my baby is going to be a 2nd grader!! It is so amazing to me how is quickly becoming a "boy" and not a little kid anymore. I also can't believe my other baby is going into pre-k!

Good luck this year everyone!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

baby1at35 replied to crunk05177's response:
We have been in school 2 wks already and it has been the hottest temps for the summer. Pretty miserable. After today it cools to the 80's at least. It was such a cool summer and then boom here is the hot temps.
Everyone is rather cranky . Thank goodness our schools have A/C. A few that do not are getting out early every day.
Me (43) 2 busy boys 7 yrs and 6 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

Getting married in 3 weeks to my hunny who ive been with for 6 years. We have a soon to be 5 year old son together, and we are expecting baby number 2...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.