Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: I had heinous oral surgery and I need to whine!
seeit2 posted:
Yesterday morning I had a tissue graft on two of my teeth. They basically slit holes in my palate, removed tissue, and transplanted it to two of my teeth. It hurts like a bear. I was on some pretty potent pain meds but they made me barf (that was fun) so I have cut back to advil, which is not helping much. Wah.

We had a really busy weekend planned, with two soccer games, a school carnival, and an air show we wanted to get to. Not sure how much of the fun I'm going to make. On the up side, I got to lay in bed all day yesterday (I was asleep for most of it) - that never happens!!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

miob responded:
There is nothing worse than oral surgery! I hope it feels better soon. I once told my dentist that I was having a screw put through my big toe the next day and I was looking more forward to that than the cavity he was going to fill!

Here's hoping the pain goes away quickly for you!!!

laney0705 responded:
my BIL had that done and from the pain he was in after wards I can understand what you are going through.

I would've skipped the fun and stayed in bed another day.

Hope you feel better soon.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(7)DD(3)

jlynnpaine responded:
Oh no! That sounds awful. Hope you're doing better by now.

mrswhitecastle responded:
Yikes! I hope you are feeling better by now. Plus, I hope you were able to stay in bed another couple of days, but enjoying it at the same time!
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
No, not allowed to stay in bed longer. But I did not do much the first few days. I'm still full of stitches until Thursday but the swelling is gone and the pain is much better. Thanks for the sympathy!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 replied to seeit2's response:
Oh wow....I am in pain just thinking about it! I hope you are feeling better!!
Me (29), DH (31), DS1 - Michael (6) and DS2 - Nathan (3 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

jlynnpaine replied to seeit2's response:
So glad you're on the mend.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.