Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Winter weather
seeit2 posted:
How is everyone holding up? What does it look like outside your window? We got socked by an ice and sleet storm that left the city disabled until last night - even today they are asking people not to drive around if possible. And that storm hit us Thursday night, so we've been stranded at home all weekend. Personally, I don't mind that a bit, when it got a little crazy we just went outside and played in the frozen ice…but it will be nice to get back into the old routine again. Schools are closed again today but hopefully tomorrow they will be open.

I know parts of the northeast got socked (the Philly game yesterday was hard to watch) - anyone digging out today? Or is it coming your way? I hope you all are staying warm.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

jlynnpaine responded:
It was -25 here in Montana over the weekend. Now this weekend we're supposed to get freezing rain which really sucks. We've got probably 4 inches of snow on the ground and it's about 10 degrees for a high today.

mrswhitecastle responded:
We just got back from a cruise on Saturday, and it was quite a shock! It was kind of brutal leaving 80 degree weather, and coming home to 8 degree weather. Schools were canceled here on Friday. (It worked well, so the girls only missed 4 days of school.)

The airport was a complete mess on Saturday with people trying to rebook their canceled flights and missed connections.

As for me, I'm just trying to dig out from the mountains of laundry we now have.....
Emily (8) Elizabeth (6)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Right now it's sunny but cold. It was 28 degrees when I left the house this morning.
Pround mom of PJ (6) and Kylee (4).

laney0705 responded:
We had a slight dusting of snow last night. It's been really cold here though. Only in the 20s for the past week. Today it's supposed to get up to 40.
Me(43)DH(40)DS(7)DD(3)

seeit2 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
-25 is nuts! I remember -20 wind chills in Buffalo, I never wanted to leave my house, and it hurt when I did! I hope you are staying safe and warm!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (42) DD (6) DS (3) Just eat it, will ya

iocasta responded:
It's winter early here in Chicago temperatures in the single digits and -12 deg. below zero windchills. It's supposed to sub zero ambient later tonight. We have 3 inches of snow on the ground and are expecting another 4 this morning. Looks like a white Christmas for us.

jlynnpaine replied to seeit2's response:
Yes! Thank goodness we're in the mountains so with windchill it was only around -45. On the other side of the state where the wind REALLY blows, I can't even imagine how cold it must have felt. Now this weekend they're calling for freezing rain which scares the begeezus out of me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Getting married in 3 weeks to my hunny who ive been with for 6 years. We have a soon to be 5 year old son together, and we are expecting baby number 2...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.