Labor Poll - stole from 9-12
kristinrayerootes posted:
I stole this poll from the 9-12 month boards. It is a lot of fun! How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 38.5 weeks C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: Yes, my water broke, but I didn't go into labor. They stopped it once because I wasn't progressing so I got to get up and walk around and even eat a meal! I only got to a 2 after being on it for more than 12 hours. Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: On its own Pain relieving meds - which ones: nubain (this was awesome! the nurse told me it would make me feel like I was drunk and I have to agree, it was kind of like being removed from the room sometimes, but I knew what was going on. It let me me sleep for a while. ) and an epidural Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: none How long did you labor in the hospital: 33 hours (not a typo!) How long for pushing: 3 hours How long after your water broke did you deliver: 35 hours (again, not a typo!) Did things go the way you wanted? I didn't think things would take so long, but I wasn't in a lot of pain until I got the epi which was about 28 hours in. Anything else? I pinched the nurse's arm really bad when the epi needle went in. I felt so bad! Also, they had to use the vacuum!

ket8020 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 36 weeks C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: A little after I had my epi. Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: On its own at the stroke of midnight on my birthday! Pain relieving meds - which ones: Just an epi! Best thing EVER! Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: 2.5 hrs How long did you labor in the hospital: 4 hours How long for pushing: Maybe 30 min. How long after your water broke did you deliver: 6.5 hours Did things go the way you wanted? I know this might sound pretty crazy but...I think it went by too quickly! Anything else? I went into the hospital at 5cm and I was asking for the epi. They told me "yeah, we know it hurts...you'll get it as soon as you get an IV'. Well, an hour later i got my epi I was already at a 10 and had to push! My poor nurse....I wasn't too nice to start off...but she quickly realised why...I progressed so quickly! I think I might have bruised her too on her shoulders. I felt terrible!!

Cever responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 42 on the dot C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: midwife at the hospital Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: No Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: On its own Pain relieving meds - which ones: none. Well, only to numb the stiching afterwards.. Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Roommate after about an hour.. How long did you labor at home: 13 hrs How long did you labor in the hospital: 2.5 hrs How long for pushing: 2 hrs How long after your water broke did you deliver: 3.5 hrs Did things go the way you wanted? Basically yes, only the baby came out chin and nose first.. Really a weird sight to see. Also that meant they had to make a cut to make more room. Not funny! Anything else? I fainted when I stood up after the shower afterwards. To much bloodloss. Also a week later back in the hospital with a uturus infection. Also not funny. --------------------- Carli (37) and Elise Florencia(born 5/1/2009 at 19.6 inches and 105.8 ounces)

Faith_after_journey responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 37 weeks 1 day (4 lbs. 12 oz) C-section v. Vaginal: c-section Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: well try tried induction and it did not work Pitocin: yes they tried for 14 hours with no progress ... that was after 12 hours of cirvidel Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: with help Pain relieving meds - which ones: spinal for c-section Afterbirth - private room or roommate: private room How long did you labor at home: none How long did you labor in the hospital: 27 hours between cirvidel and pitocin ... was having small contrax. but not really and only diolated 1 cm How long for pushing: n/a How long after your water broke did you deliver: I do not remember Did things go the way you wanted? Well I would have preferred DS to have been a little older when born but he was fine when born. Also, I would have preferred a little more warning I was having the baby than that morning. Anything else? They had been monitoring DS for weeks because he had not been growing. I went in for a weely u/s to check the placenta and the dr said I was going to have the baby that week (it was Monday then) and I said I had to see that OB later that day. OB called me in 2 hours and told me to check into the hospital for induction. I knew induction probably would not work because my body was not ready to have the baby but they were going to try .... it did not work ... either way DS is healthy so we are happy!

TyPatrick08 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 41 weeks it was never going to end! C-section v. Vaginal: Vaginal they wanted to do c-section but i made it! Midwife or doctor: Doctor, but the nurse did all the work he made it for the last 10 minutes. Induction or on your own: On my own Finally Pitocin: They gave me an epidural at about 4 cm then after 5 hours I would not go past 8cm so they stoped the epidural so sad... and gave me PIT. Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: They pulled out the croche hook...LOL Pain relieving meds - which ones: Epidural Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room then i got Switch down the hall becuase there where 19 babies after the first night I was happy it was still private but bed was much more confortable How long did you labor at home: 3 hours How long did you labor in the hospital: 9hours i slept for an hour and half of that after that epidural the doctor strongly advised me to get some sleep or try! How long for pushing: 2 and half! saved me from getting a section! How long after your water broke did you deliver: umm porbaly 3 hours Did things go the way you wanted? They went good i prepared my self for the worst! Anything else? When the Dr. came in told me he wanted tos ection me My blood pressure went sky high so they ahd to give extra fluid to bottom it down.

earleyml1012 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 40 weeks and 4 days C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: Yes, after my epi I stalled out at 8 cm so they gave me a little to help things move along faster Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: The doctor had to break it Pain relieving meds - which ones: demerol (I've never been drunk before but that is what I think I felt like...DH said I was hilarious) and an epidural after I wasn't progressing at all and couldn't take the pain Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: 8pm-2am (6 hrs) How long did you labor in the hospital: 14 hrs How long for pushing: 2 hours How long after your water broke did you deliver: I think 8 hrs but I don't remember exactly Did things go the way you wanted? No! I was hoping to do it naturally but had to use drugs. Also they tried to use the vacuum (3 times) and then forcips to get Alexandra out, so she had a pretty bad cause of jaundice from the bruising on her little head. Anything else? A week after Alexandra was born, I ended up back in the hospital for a D&C due to blood clotting. I hemoraged so badly that I need 3 pints of blood!! Not a fun experience. I'm finally at the point where I'm considering a second baby.

betsynmolly responded:
Mine is crazy... How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 40 C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: DH! We didn't make it to the hospital. Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: No Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: On its own Pain relieving meds - none Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: 20 min - I had mild contractions all morning but didn't think anything of them. Nothing was painful and nothing was consistent. I got a haircut 4 hrs before DS was born (which made me feel beautiful in the hospital - day after haircut hair is the best!) How long did you labor in the hospital: just the placenta How long for pushing: 5 min - maybe How long after your water broke did you deliver: not sure - 10 min maybe Did things go the way you wanted? No way - too fast. I was not prepared for a home birth. Anything else? If I had a 3rd child I'd plan on having it at home with a midwife. A home birth would be great if I had been ready for it. Also I was on the yellow team and didn't find out the baby's sex until 5 min. afterwards. And DH and I don't want to move out of our starter home for a while since we have so many memories in it now.

bcfrost816 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 39 weeks exactly! C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor, but the midwife did most of the work, my OB basically ran into the room and threw a gown on, lol. Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: yep, after my epi they used it to get my contractiona a little more consistent Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: On its own, weirdest feeling ever!!!! Pain relieving meds - epidural, but it didn't work on one side.... Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: I started having contractions around 8:30PM and my water broke at midnight, so about 3 1/2 hours I'd say.....they weren't really painful until after my water broke though. How long did you labor in the hospital: about 9 hours How long for pushing: oh I'd say about 1 minute! She came out in 2 pushes!! How long after your water broke did you deliver: about 9 hours Did things go the way you wanted? Yeah for the most part, I wish my epi would have worked better though!!! I definitely didn't have to work on pushing her out, she was ready!! And I can't complain that I was only in labor for 13 hours. Anything else? I can't wait to do it again!!!! And when my water broke it was like in the movies, this huge gush of water just came flying out of me.....so gross!!!!

bettigole responded:
ok I am like Betsy w/ the crazy How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 37 weeks C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: no Membrane rupture - on it's own Pain relieving meds - none, not willingly...no time Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: 20-30 minutes How long did you labor in the hospital: 2-3 minutes..no joke came in by ambulance How long for pushing: 2-3 minutes......was crowning as I got wheeled in. How long after your water broke did you deliver: not sure when my water broke am guessing about 45-1 hour when I jumped in the shower. Did things go the way you wanted? nope, didn't expect to be in labor less than two hours...little crazy and scary but all things worked out. Amusing because I am the biggest wimp ever...so calling 911 on the way to the hospital because I had to push was not what I anticipated but it is funny! Anything else? If nothing else I had a super easy recovery...didn't even have time for an IV so was not poked or anything was feeling totally normal the next am.

TracySTB responded:
I love my labors! Here goes... for all 3 How many weeks/days were you at delivery? b 38.5 weeks, 39 weeks, 39 weeks 1 day C-section v. Vaginal: b vaginal Midwife or doctor: b OB, OB, nurse lol Induction or on your own: b On my own first 2, induction laste Pitocin: b No, no and yes (on setting 3 or 6 out of 20 at the highest for an

jen0579 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 41 weeks exactly C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: Induciton the evening before..they started with Cervadil but it became to painful so they took it out after only a couple hours but it made me dilate to 5cm.. I was already having contractions when I went to the hospital so I think my body was ready to do its own thing anyways.. Pitocin: Yes, they gave me some pitocin but not until I was 7cm so I dont even know why they bothered at that point...I think because it was turning into morning and my dr was on call during the night so Im guessing his shift was almost over and maybe he wanted to speed things up... Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: With help when the dr took out the cervadil and I was 5 cm Pain relieving meds - which ones: I had Stadol while I still had the cervadil in because they were waiting for my dr to arrive (didnt help the pain at all just made me loopy).. then the Dr came and broke my water and order the EPI... Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: none How long did you labor in the hospital: Well the cervadil went in at 8 or 8:30 so I guess I should start counting at that time..so maybe 10 hours? How long for pushing: I dont remember, Im guessing half hour How long after your water broke did you deliver: My water was broken around 3:30am and Jordan was born at 6:36 so 3 hours Did things go the way you wanted? I didnt want to be induced but after being a week overdue I was more than happy LOL Anything else? they had to use a vacuum on me too.. I was a little scared during pushing because the babies heart rate kept dropping then my blood pressure was going real low so they had to give me epinefrin

SKTen03 responded:
stole this poll from the 9-12 month boards. It is a lot of fun! How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 40 weeks.... 2 days late C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: On my own... i was shampooing my carpets and deep cleaning my house when the contractions started Pitocin: Nope Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: With this one.... I had to have help Pain relieving meds - which ones: nubain- the liquid margarita... it was truly great!!! Then an epi Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room, I would hate to have a roommate How long did you labor at home: Um if you count from when the contractions started, a couple hours How long did you labor in the hospital: 6 How long for pushing: I think maybe a half an hour How long after your water broke did you deliver: Gosh... 30 minutes? Did things go the way you wanted? For the beginning yes. Honestly it was probably the best labor experience. Givin the circumstances, DH and I were having a blast.... thanks to the meds, they kept me laughing the whole time. After she was born is when it went down hill Anything else? We watched the Orange Bowl the whole time I was in labor (we had money on the game :sheepish: ) then delivered LO right after it was over. She was born with pulmonary hypertension, so things were very stressful and hard as she was in NICU for 7 days following deliver. SO SCARY!!!!!! But she is doing great now with no problems :sillygrin:

harley28146 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 41 weeks C-section v. Vaginal: C-Section Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: Scheduled C-Section Pitocin: None Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: with a scapel Pain relieving meds - which ones: spinal tap Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: none How long did you labor in the hospital: none. well the nurse said I was having contractions every two minutes, but I didn't feel them. How long for pushing: none How long after your water broke did you deliver: a couple minutes I guess Did things go the way you wanted? Well I was scheduled for induction on Wednesday. I went to the OB on Monday to make sure everything was ok for induction. Ashlyn was breech. They did an U/S to make sure and yep, she was heads up and feet down. He told me I would have to have a c-section and then asked when I would like to schedule it. I said ASAP I couldn't wait to see my LO. He said how about today be at the hospital at noon and we'll open you up at 2:00. (It was 10:00 at the time) I called my DH and he came home from work and we went to the hospital. Anything else? I was huge. I gained 55 lbs looked like a blow up fish. Thankfully six months later and i'm back to my pre pregnancy weight of 115

smileysmom responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 39 weeks C-section v. Vaginal: unplanned c-section Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: On my own Pitocin: Yes - for 18 hours, water broke but didn't progress on my own Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: On its own Pain relieving meds - epidural after about 14 hours of labor Afterbirth - private room or roommate: semi-private room (one room split in two w/bathroom in the middle) - BTW, that sucked. How long did you labor at home: 0 - we have a 45 min drive to hospital so we didn't take any chances! How long did you labor in the hospital: 20 hours How long for pushing: 3.5 hours How long after your water broke did you deliver: 24 hours Did things go the way you wanted? Nope. After 24 hours of labor/pushing I had to have an emergency c-section. Baby was sunny-side up and wouldn't come out! (somehow after 24 hours, they never figured out that the baby was not face-down... my doc was on vacation After the epi I puked on my husband and they had to give him scrubs because he didn't bring a change of clothes with him! Poor guy! It was everywhere!!!

robyn47001 responded:
How many weeks/days were you at delivery? 38.5 weeks C-section v. Vaginal: vaginal Midwife or doctor: doctor Induction or on your own: Induction Pitocin: Yes, I was induced so I was given Pitocin right away. Membrane rupture - on your own or with help: Dr. broke my water to help move along labor. Pain relieving meds - epidural Afterbirth - private room or roommate: Private room How long did you labor at home: none How long did you labor in the hospital: 5.5 hours, got to the hospital to be induced at 6am and she was born at 11:30am. 5.5 hours from start to finish. How long for pushing: Less than 5 minutes. How long after your water broke did you deliver: 3.5 hours Did things go the way you wanted? Yes!! My first labor was awful and this time it went really smooth, almost pain free! Anything else? Not really, I had a really good experience!