Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pediped vs. Robeez or Stride Rite
rlh1286 posted:
I was just wondering what parents thought about shoes for pre-walkers and new walkers. Not really interested in people who have negative comments or suggest no shoes, that's already been considered. I guess mostly parents who have already tried these. We ordered some Robeez and they are way cute and very flexible, just wondering if one is better, or maybe better for the price. Thanks for any help in advance.

babytwo2009 responded:
I have a friend that swears by the robeez. I have a friend that swears by the stride right but since my DD has abnoramlly large feat stride right do not work for her. Just remember kids do not need arches until they are 3. I bought the ones from wal mart in the baby section for DD they are similare to the robeez except they have a rubber grip sole instead of the robeez but DD also had robeez. I would go with robeez or the wal mart brand.

Meshelle1985 responded:
Olivia wears pedipeds, she also has a couple of pair of chucks. I like the idea of getting her used towearing shoes while she's younger that way it won't be so difficult when she starts walking unassisted. I absolutely love Pedipeds, sooo many cute styles. We tried Robeez but they didn't really fit her right. HTH

AMCMSM2 responded:
Lurking................We have a Stride Rite outlet close to us so that's almost all Shelby has ever had. I have been very happy with the quality of them. She did have a pair of Robeez that we got as a gift. They did not stay on her very well she always managed to get them off and in her mouth. If you do like the Robeez this site www.babysteals.com/index.php has them often for a really good price.

alipali responded:
We've never tried Stride Rite, but we have one pair of Pedipeds and a few pairs of Robeez. I love the Pedipeds because they're really sturdy and stay on his feet because they have velcro. The Robeez are adorable, but because they're elastic, they can fall off easily if they're too big (he wears them with thicker socks until they fit better) and LO tries to take them off all the time - usually successfully. But, he's onto his second pair of the baseball Robeez and he's always a hit at Giants games :)

melly0379 responded:
my sister put both of her kids in bobux, they are like the robeez and had great success. So that is the direction I will go.....

Wailea2005 responded:
robeez worked GREAT for DD as long as she was walking inside... I never really had her wear them outside.. I was worried about her stepping on something sharp, etc. I found great flexible Skechers as her first pair of real walking tennis shoes..they were at Babies R Us... I just bought her Saucony tennis shoes that were recommended to me.

dianam17 responded:
i've been using the soft converse crib shoes for dylan :smile:

robyn47001 responded:
I LOVE Stride Rite! I never really bothered with pre-walkers but I love their shoes just for the fact that they are so durable. I have several pairs of Stride Rite shoes from DD#1 that I will definitely use for DD#2 and they still look great! Also DD always seemed comfortable in them and the wide sizes for babies are great, I recommend them for sure. I just bought 2 new pairs for DD#1 for the fall and winter! :sillygrin:

staceydflowers responded:
Kennedy has a pair of Sketchers tennis shoes and she loves them! She had Nike last fall/winter and liked those too. We haven't tried Stride Rite yet but I do know that they are made skinnier so depending on your LOs feet width they are great.( I know a lot of people that have used them). She also had 2 pairs of tennis shoes from Target (Circo brand) and they worked well. As for Owen, he has only had one pair of shoes so far and they were carter's sandals. And they dont fit him anymore. We haven't worried too much about shoes for him yet since he isn't anwhere close to walking, but I am sure we will get him SOME kind of tennis shoe for the fall/winter.

sarahaguirre responded:
If would like to check out Robeez I just bought my DD a few pairs at Ross. They have them for $9.99 right now

alipali responded:
There's a pair that DS has that I absolutely love and couldn't remember who made them, but just checked this weekend. They're by Smaller for See Kai Run. I think they're about the same size as Pedipeds, but they're so cute and soft and I'm planning to buy him the next size now for next summer: www.seekairun.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=AINSLEY

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got married in jan 03 to my wonderful husband we had our first son oct 03 he was 3 weeks 6 days early.Then we got blessed with three more boys and a l...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.