Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Are Ladybugs poisonous if eaten?
avatar
Jlynnl posted:
DD just ate a ladybug. So gross, I found it chewed up in her mouth. Are they poisonous if ingested?
Reply
 
avatar
mommyof3kiddos responded:
I just googled "lady bug and poisonous" and found that they are not poisonous.
 
avatar
Jlynnl responded:
Thanks!!! It was so gross. I almost puked trying to get it out of her mouth.
 
avatar
mommyof3kiddos responded:
Oh I would have felt the same way! YUCK! I would probably have freaked and called poison control.
 
avatar
MarissasMommy responded:
OMG! I love ladybugs...as far as things decorated with them. But the actual LIVE ladybugs infest our house (and my parents' house) every summer, and it SUCKS! My older DD is kinda scared of them, and she says they stink. And if you touch them, they DO leave a stench on your hands! I'd nut up if Addy ate a bug. :pbpt:
 
avatar
mommyof3kiddos responded:
I read that they can be poisonous to animals so beware of your pets eating them. I don't know if they have to eat a ton or just a few but you might want to check with your vet if you have pets and get Lady bugs each year. I did read they leave markings of their blood. It's like yellow streaks and that it does smell.


Spotlight: Member Stories

My wonderful hubby and I have known each other almost our entire lives. We started dating when I was in 9th grade and he was in 10th. We made it throu...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.