Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Teething and spitting up?
QTpie2009 posted:
My DS has been teething for several months but just cut his first tooth five days ago. Of course he's been cranky and chewing on stuff like crazy (no fever), but I've noticed he's been spitting up more frequently too. Is this a common thing that goes along with cutting teeth?

asimpso82 responded:
Not sure if there's a correlation but I think DS is teething again and he had a few days last week where he spit up more than usual. IDK if its because he loves being on his belly now and as soon as hes able he's rollin to his tummy. If its too soon after he eats, he spits up. He's also got a jumperoo that I try to wait atleast 2 or more hours to put him in after he eats cuz he goes nuts in that thing. Now I'll be watching the teething and spitting up.......

bgabert responded:
I have heard of babies getting upset tummies when teething.. so that makes complete sense (to me anyways, lol) that they would spit up a bit more than normal. I can't remember where I read about the upset tummy thing with teething.. if I do, I will post again! I swear Emery stole my memory away from me the day she was born! :goofy:

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to a wonderful man & we have a beautiful boy born on July 26, 2010. He's our world & we're enjoying every day with him!!

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.