Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
new to site.. ABBREVIATIONS!!!???
jmwjj posted:
You ladies are very interesting, and I can relate to all of you!!! BUT, I get a lillll lost with all the abbreviations! It took me a good half hour of research to figure out CIO! Lol. Can somebody break it down for me please!

wifeyintraining responded:
on our OLD boards there was a link to all the abbreviations.. but alas.. who knows what happened to them since the big change. (sigh)

But here are some basics:

DH- Dear Husband
DBF- Dear boyfriend
DS- Dear Son
DD- Dear Daughter
BD- Baby dance (sex to concieve)
TTC- Trying to concieve
Trigs- something in the post is upsetting and could trigger an emotion
BFN- big fat negative (preggo test)
BFP- Big fat postive (preggo test)
POAS- Pee on a stick
CIO- Cry it out
BLW- Baby led weaning
BF- Breastfeeding
FF- formula feeding
HTH- hope that helps
JMO- just my opinion
TBH- to be honest

help me out ladies!

PS. if you are new, you might not know, but they just completely changed these boards and a lot of us are considering leaving.

jmwjj replied to wifeyintraining's response:
LO - little one? im assuming? lol those are cute.

TBH we werent really doing a "BD" but it just so happened that i had a BFP when i POAS... 9 months later, me and DBF were blessed with our DD Aria Anne !!

That was fun =)

wifeyintraining replied to jmwjj's response:
ha yeah. LO is little one. TMI is too much information... if you see others you aren't sure of just ask. I have a hard time thinking of them on the spot.

beatlemania5596 replied to wifeyintraining's response:
I have seen KWIM....not sure what that means. I am guessing Keep With It Mom.....

wifeyintraining replied to beatlemania5596's response:
kwim- know what i mean

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wonderful hubby and I have known each other almost our entire lives. We started dating when I was in 9th grade and he was in 10th. We made it throu...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.