Skip to content
What should Amiena NOT eat?
Saykao210 posted:
I just wanted to make sure of the things she(8 months) shouldn't eat because I hear so many different moms says that babies cant eat this when another mom says they can....

jlbelknap35 responded:
the big thing is honey bc of botulisim (sp?). milk is another one bc they say there tummys cant handle it and the nutriance in it isnt enough but i have given my 8 month old milk here and there when i had a glass myself. he has never had any problems with anything with his tummy so it didnt bother me to do that. also they say no banana or hotdogs unless they are severly cut up bc they are a choking hazerd. and if you have any food alergies in your family avoid those foods to see how he does till he gets a bit older.

mine9 replied to jlbelknap35's response:
I have a mesh fresh food feeder bag, it was only $4 at walmart, and put bananas and strawberries and other whole foods in it for my LO he loves it if they are frozen first, and it lets them chew on it without choking since only little bits will come out the holes.
I also heard you shouldn't give them peanut butter until they are around 2 years just in case they are allergic that way they have more chance of survival if they have a reaction.

eliz1497 responded:
I think the important thing to remember is to keep her away from any allergens this means

no cow's milk
no peanuts/nuts
no shellfish

Anmar22 responded:
I've also heard no citrus either like orange juice or limes/lemons whatever until after a year. I'm not sure why though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wonderful hubby and I have known each other almost our entire lives. We started dating when I was in 9th grade and he was in 10th. We made it throu...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.