Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
6 mo not sleeping thru the night, but not wanting to eat either?
tigger0725 posted:
HELP....I'm in desperate need of some sleep. I have a 6 month old baby that still wakes up 2-3 times a night, but when she wakes up she doesn't want to eat?? All I do is go in there and turn on her musical mobile and give her, her pacifier and she goes back to sleep. I never have to pick her up and I've tried letting her just cry, but she just keeps crying until she makes herself throw up. We have the same routine nightly. We have supper around 5:30pm, we have play time until about 7pm when we do a bath or at least a wash cloth scrub down Then get in pj's and do a final bottle and she is sleeping by about 8pm. I don't know what more to do?

cjl0510 responded:
Gosh girl you sound exactly like me!! Exact same boat. And I am tired!!

Queenjen87 responded:
I found the Vtech musical bee online at Walmart.com and had it shipped to my local store (I had one, but my DH's cousin's LO liked it, so I got her one too). It has two settings, one for day and one for night. The night time setting has a sensor that will go off when your baby cries and will turn on a soothing light and music automatically and shut off automatically once it is quiet.

Wonderful toy, and well worth the $17. It may be just the thing to help your LO go back to sleep when she wakes up.

HTH~
Jennifer (23) and DH (23) and DD- Phoebe 11-04-2009

tigger0725 replied to Queenjen87's response:
Thanks Everybody.....I think we may have fixed the problem. I actually got rid of the pacifier. We went "cold turkey" with it on Friday and never looked back. The first 2 nights she woke up 2 times each....I just turned on the mobile and rubbed/patted her tummy for a few min. and then she was out. The worst is getting her to fall asleep...but that is getting better every day. Last night she slept through the whole night. I wasn't necessary going to go "cold turkey" with the pacifier but I didn't give it to her on Friday night and we were so busy on Saturday with 4th of July activities that she was so tired out that she didn't even miss it. Thanks Again!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.